病気の

Thumb resize.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Evil is Better

The Lost Level by Brian Keene

Old 05-07-2015, 11:16 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

WolfCop: Fleshmob

I love the movie so fuggin' much that I couldn't resist and bought it for Kindle. Reading it now and not wanting to put it down. God help me I love that drunk werewolf cop.<33

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 05-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Evil Dead

THE CHOSEN by Edward Lee. Decent little read about a restaurant manager who goes to work at an inn where mysterious things are going on. Lots of raunchy sex and pretty violent in parts, but good character development and liking it so far.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE CHOSEN by Edward Lee. Decent little read about a restaurant manager who goes to work at an inn where mysterious things are going on. Lots of raunchy sex and pretty violent in parts, but good character development and liking it so far.
Neat, I read that. It was ok, but its neat because I think it was a small press release? Not too many people read those.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:49 AM
Evil Dead

I like small press books myself...sometimes you just gotta take the plunge! Nice to know someone else read it!
CAME A SPIDER by Edward Levy -he also wrote the quite entertaining THE BEAST WITHIN. So far, pretty good, but very similar to all the late 70's "Nature Strikes Back!" books.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:40 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
I like small press books myself...sometimes you just gotta take the plunge! Nice to know someone else read it!
CAME A SPIDER by Edward Levy -he also wrote the quite entertaining THE BEAST WITHIN. So far, pretty good, but very similar to all the late 70's "Nature Strikes Back!" books.
I'll add his books to my list, thanks. : )
Old 05-14-2015, 09:24 AM
Evil Dead

Just stopped reading The Devil Rides Out by Dennis Wheatley. It may be well researched, but I do not see how this book gets a lot of accolades. The prose is dull. The characters simple, no depth. The brief appearances of monsters are decent, but are very brief. I can get passed the african fetishism, classism, sexism, and stereo-typing of Americans(it was published in 1935 England), but there is very little quality to this writing. By comparison in various Lovecraft stories all of these things were there, but the stories were fantastically written and so forth.
I could not finish it. I came to a point that was so obvious in coming and the type of stupid things we see people do in horror films do to further the plot. It took me a month and a half to read 183 pages, but I wanted to try to finish it. I gave up. Pass on this thing.

I'm now starting Personal Darkness by Tanith Lee. Its the second book in the Blood Opera Sequence. The first Dark Dance was very good. 9/10. The cover makes it look like its about sex, but its not. I highly suggest it.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Horror Fan

Thumbs up

Just finished Tales of Horror and the Supernatural by Arthur Machen. Great read if you're a fan of of suspense horror, definitely not splatterhouse punk.

Last edited by MichaelMyers; 05-15-2015 at 12:14 PM.