Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-30-2014, 12:48 AM
Evil Dead

in the dark over it

i have just recentlly watched 2 horrors varsity blood and Kristy, and both films (along with other new horrors) are virtually unwatchable at times because it's pitch black and you can't see a thing. I notice this is a new phenomenon in horrors,and it's not just the one scene beut several, i don't know why direxctors insist that you can't see anything for certain secenes. It is starting to ruin horror for me it really is. At least it used to be down to bad lighting and lack of budget, that i could at least excuse, but this.

I have watched hundreds of horrors filmed at night time, where you can see everything perfectly, it isn't my tv btw because it's a new one, it really breaks up the running of the film and leaves you desperately guessing what is happening. Anyone else noticed this, opinions please
Old 08-30-2014, 01:59 AM
Cranky

this little light of mine

Nope. Haven't noticed it at all.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 08-30-2014, 08:16 AM
Banned

Sometimes I wish it were darker to cover up all the shaky cam. Some new low-budgeters are too dark, and with all the modern technology to lighten scenes in post-prod, there really is no excuse for it.