Old 02-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Hellraiser

Just read an new interview with Ray Harryhausen. He gives the impression he didn't care much for the original movie and is looking forward to Jackson's remake. He felt the original left out the fantasy aspect of the story. Of course Peter Jackson is going to probably lay the fantasy on pretty thick. Which is OK by me.:)
Old 02-09-2005, 09:47 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
LOL thats funny RedDragon Harryhausen saying he felt they left out the fantasy aspect in the 1933 movie LOL what do you call Dinosaurs in KingKong 1933 REALITY LOL. If there is anything wrong about the original 1933 classic KingKong movie it would be how Kong is seen to be diffrent sizes in the movie. Example Kong is 50 ft tall which is fine and dandy but the scene when Kong fights Tyrannosarus Rex looks great except that T-Rex is 20 ft tall not 50 ft so either Kong shrank 30 ft or T-Rex grew 30 ft. Thats the 1st mistake the 2nd mistake in the movie is when you see Kong chained up in a theatre again this seen looks awesome Except How do you fit a 50 ft tall Gorilla in a theatre? I hope Peter Jacksons movie wont have these mistakes in his new movie. I dont mind watching a movie that has a 15 meter tall Gorilla in it at all.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Hellraiser

HAAHAH!!!

I never thought of that. How DID they fit him into that theater?:p
Old 02-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Dragon
HAAHAH!!!

I never thought of that. How DID they fit him into that theater?:p
Many years ago I used to work at a theatre and even though it was a small place we had giant docking bay doors in the back so we could load the sets for plays. So I guess they could have squeezed Kong thru one of those. But what I want to know is...when they were bringing Kong to the theatre, how did they get him thru the steets of NY without anyone seeing him? Oh well ...it's still a great movie..even with a few plot holes
Old 02-15-2005, 12:52 AM
Evil Dead

I am pretty sure RKO had the Hippodrome Theatre in mind when they wanted to show KingKong chained up in a theatre after all the hippodrome stage was 200 ft long and 110 ft deep. As far as how tall the Hippodrome was that I am not sure seen KingKong was 50 ft tall. It is intersting to note that RKO owned the hippodrome theaetre 1925-1929. Also famous Magican and EscapeArtist Harry Houdini made an Elephant vannish in the Hippodrome Theatre.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Backyard Waterfall

For you people cultured enough to consider "King Kong" a horror film, here's a special treat: anaglyphic photos of a cast of the original stegosaurus model's head.

To view this in 3D, just put on your trusty red and blue 3D glasses, with the red lens over the left eye!

Last edited by filmmaker2; 02-15-2005 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Evil Dead

Hi Filmmaker2 nice pics and yes I consider myself some what a fan of Kingkong and I might know a thing or two about Kong.

Speaking of Kingkong I have been wondering if KingKong might get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame when the movie opens in december the new remake. I think just the fact that Peter Jackson who is the current best movie director in the world lends weight to Kong getting a Star seen that Jackson is directing the movie. Not to mention Jackson himself is a life long KingKong fan.
On the other hand one of the stipulations for getting a Star is that you have to have been in lots and lots of movies. This would make Kong getting a star just about impossible because he is only in a handful of movies. Also fictional movie characters dont get Stars unless they have met all requirements and Mickey Mouse and Godzilla seem to have the requirements. Right now the deck is stacked against Kong getting a Star.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Granny Weather Wax

Send a message via AIM to barbra Send a message via Yahoo to barbra
hey godzilla, I looked and looked and looked, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0157898/
http://boards.kongisking.net/perl/gf...81;guest=50218
I think if you want pics you are going to have to go to japan and buy a book
You’re my favorite living human by far
’cause you make this frightening world less bizarre
Old 02-17-2005, 05:23 PM
Evil Dead

Hi Barbra I am very well aware of the 1976 movie APE however that movie is not about KingKong. I was posting all the titles of movies that had KingKong in them not a Kong like monster. If you noticed I did not post the movie Son of Kong or Mighty Joe Young either or the MJY remake or the Korean movie in 1967 Wangmagwi kind of like kong but with a horn on his head or Konga 1962.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Backyard Waterfall

I would like to see "APE," but then again I like bad movies.

The stegosaurus head you see in the photos is a copy off the original Delgado puppet. The mold was taken off of it (supposedly by Jim Danforth, so I heard) in the late 60's. As you know, Delgado's puppets have mostly deteriorated over the years. The original stegosaurus puppet's skin is pretty much gone now, so it's very nice that this copy was made, to preserve it for future film fans.