Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Bronson

I've been wanting to see that, kind of "Memento" right?
Old 07-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Little Boo

When I was very small and knew next to nothing about...well...nothing, I jumped out my chair the very first time I saw the opening scene of Terminator....

There was something powerful about the sudden and effortless crushing of a human skull.

I've never walked out on a film as it was too scary, partly because I have a morbid fascination with the psychology of horror.

However, whilst watching '' Edge of darkness ''

There was ( the car scene ) that caused me to spray my popcorn everywhere, I tried to recover my reputation by pretending I was having a serious coughing fit due to a virus........don't ask.

What was funny however was that at that very scene, being seated towards the back I saw a Mexican wave of arms jump up as well as me.

Good times.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Horror Fan For Life

I never really walked out on a movie (although Ive wanted to on a few bad ones) I remember being up late in my parents rec room alone one night in like 9th grade and Evil Dead came on Showtime. I had never seen it- It really got to me for some reason I turned it off- I was freaked out the rest of the night- slept with the covers over my head on that one! ;)

Last edited by Mr.Barlow; 08-27-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Hellraiser

I don't get scared easily but...!

- Evil Dead used to scare me when I was 9. It traumatized me for weeks, or maybe months.

- The only movie that could creep me out now is Insidious. To me, there's nothing scarier about seeing the dead. So far only Insidious could scare me, and i think a huge thanks to that creepy tiny tim song.

- Ju-On the prequel at the part where Kanna got home from school, and she turned around to show she has no jaw, I screamed -_- Wasn't expecting that at all.

- I can't watch malay ghost movie typically what we call 'pocong' (shrouded ghost in malaysian and indonesian culture) at night or alone. Can't even hear the laughing 'pontianak' (or malay vampire) Well basically all malay ghost. They scare the crap out of me.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Horror Fan For Life

Wink

Ahhhhh someone mentioned The Blair Witch Project! Its just one of those movies people love or hate, I thought it was a pretty cool movie. Ill never forget that summer a friend of mine turned me on to this "strange website" about these missing college kids and the legend of the "Blair Witch" and every week new footage was added or pictures that were supposedly found. I was obssessed with this shit! I was checking the website for new info added every day after work, My girlfriend at the time would be like- Are you on that website again? I'd say- you dont understand babe- this shit is for real! Lol! Of course it was leading up to the release of this new "documentary film" and my friends and I were so psyched to see it. Even before its release, everyone found out it was fake- but it still had your interest and everyone I knew went to see it! Marketing Genius!!! Its still holds the record for most profit return on a film- they spent under $50,000 and its made hundreds of millions. All from a movie that uses "your imagination" to fill in for a witch that never appears on film. I think this movie did for campers what Jaws did for beachgoers! The "Paranormal Activities" cant hold a candle to this unique concept of a horror movie!

Last edited by Mr.Barlow; 09-02-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Tags
too scary