Old 02-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Evil Dead

"Case 39"
-Rene Zellweger

Plot:
"Case 39" centers on an idealistic social worker who saves an abused 10-year-old girl from her parents only to discover that the girl is not as innocent as she thinks.

Phantom's Review: To be honest with you, I thought this film was going to be lousy. I mean, it sat on the studio shelf for quite a while and when it finally got realesed it was a bomb.
But to my total surprise, it was a pretty good film. Some fine acting, decent FX and a couple of good scares. Nothing new or groundbreaking, just a good movie.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:29 PM
From The Beyond

Finally saw Tobe Hooper's Eaten Alive aka Deathtrap(1977) and I have to say I laughed from start to finish it was hilarious in a very very good way :)
Old 02-23-2011, 01:29 PM
I have arms and legs.

Just watched [Rec] 2 =)
Old 02-24-2011, 06:39 AM
Midnight Toker

Send a message via MSN to iSeymore
Last seen movies for me were:

Freddy Vs. Jason (2003)
I loved Ken Kirzinger as Jason Voorhees
Robert Englund never fails to amuse me as Freddy Krueger, either.
8/10 early 2000 horror films were a bit cheesy though, kinda like the 80's but with better FX.

Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)
Kane Hodder is legendary as Jason Voorhees, but the story of a telekinetic teenager, named Tina was a bit...Odd?
Loved it nonetheless.
8/10 (for characters and kill scenes)

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988)
First movie in the series I ever watched, was legendary in my books.
9/10
Old 02-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Wicked Witch Of The North

Send a message via MSN to BookZombie Send a message via Yahoo to BookZombie Send a message via Skype™ to BookZombie
I saw The Witches Mountain today. It is a confusing film but I did enjoy it, but sh** that is allot of witches in one little tent. :P
@}->-If you are ever attacked by vampires, held hostage by aliens, haunted by angry ghosts, put on a zombie's menu, stalked by an undying killer or in other ways find yourself in a horror movie situation, never, ever go near the bathroom!-<-{@
Old 02-24-2011, 08:58 PM
JGG

Last flick I've watched was "Chain Letter"..Check out my horror page on fb..A place for REAL horror fans to come and talk horror on fb http://www.facebook.com/JohnnyGoreGalore[IMG]

Last edited by Johnny Gore Galore; 02-24-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Splintered (2010)

>>: C+

The Mechanic (2010)

>>: B

The Troll Hunter (2010)

This is a hilariously serious take on Troll mythology in a modern day context from Norway. And they nailed it! Director Andre Ovredal smartly balances the myth with highly impressive special effects along with the trolls themselves. He has taken that myth that is so implanted in Norwegian culture, and crafted a film that gave inventiveness and spanking humor into the nearly over exploited mocumentary trend.
The creature animation and their integration with the live action footage have done flawlessly. The pacing was perfect and another great thing is like many other monsters or creature feature flicks- where they ‘save’ them to psychically reveal mostly at the final showdowns…here they didn’t try to hide the trolls ever in the film! All over there is lot of action going around as the trolls appeared at regular intervals in full form…they did their best to leave the monsters in full focus.
The execution couldn’t be better, IMO but what sets The Troll Hunter apart from any other “found footage” films is it has a beautiful heart and it’s all about the trolls, which you’ll gradually find out with the progress of the story.
And last but not the least; this Norwegian masterpiece comes along with some amazing cinematography that nicely captures the stunning picturesque Norwegian countryside (I wish I could ever go there!:o).

>>: A
Old 02-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Bad Natured

Inception (2010). There is no doubt that Inception is one of the better movies coming out of 2010, but the accolades that it has received seem a tad too much. It has all of the elements to make a truly magnificence picture, and its production values alone scooch this up a notch without regard to its other characteristics, but there was a little something missing to consider this as one of the best films ever .

The story was a tightly woven work that requires some gifted detective work in order to expose its plot holes. First, this is the movies folks so the physics of its plot are safe from attack. Working from this, there is some pretty complicated and dicey material that is covered in Inception that never feels contrived or asks the audience to stretch their imaginations past any cinematic barriers. In other words, the story is easily comprehended from the standpoint of its filmatic premise.

The acting was solid on all accounts. Leonardo does a splendid job as usual, but it was nice to see a supporting cast that was just as strong and that did not rely on DiCaprio's skills to carry the whole. The entire ensemble works together to create a larger than life gaggle of denizens. Some complain that there were too many people to keep track of, but at the 148 minute runtime there was plenty of time to figure it all out. On the other hand, there may be something to the fact that the plethora of characters did not allow for enough development of our most significant players, with even Leonardo's Dom remaining distant at the movie's end.

Even with a viciously cerebral premise, kudos go out to the production values. The effects were nothing less than spectacular. The action was plentiful and remained original throughout, although I must admit that I wished that they would have shaved a few minutes off of the third act. I was getting a little itchy to have this one end sooner than it did. There were plenty of scenes that lingered unnecessarily and these could have come to the editors ax without taking anything away from the movie.

The other technicalities were all up to snuff. Nolan has created another spectacular movie that deserves much attention. The camera and such were all used pragmatically without taking the audience's attention away from the action, which was all the more important as any distraction could have easily thrown the viewer into confusion.

My overall impressions of this movie are that it was indeed a monumental production whose ambitions were achieved to the highest movie making degree save one element. What this movie seemed to lack was that ineffable sense of movie magic whose alchemy probably entails a dash of lizard's tail in its inception (ha!). This is not to detract from the movie proper, for it was a terrific endeavor, but to those screaming acclamations that this movie could ever near that monumental list enjoyed by Welles and the like I am sorry, but Inception did not have the all the right stuff to be shelved with the BIG boys. Great yes but exalted, almost.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Yeah THE TROLL HUNTER has been the suprise of the year for me so far..

Plus Johnny Gore needs a bigger Sig.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Wicked Witch Of The North

Send a message via MSN to BookZombie Send a message via Yahoo to BookZombie Send a message via Skype™ to BookZombie
The Revenge of Doctor X, this is a horrible little B movie. It is about a scientist who is sent on a vacation trip to Japan. There he begins to create a plant monster who off course get loose and start eating people. The movie is slow and the monster effects are just ridiculous, but the movie was rather entertaining.
@}->-If you are ever attacked by vampires, held hostage by aliens, haunted by angry ghosts, put on a zombie's menu, stalked by an undying killer or in other ways find yourself in a horror movie situation, never, ever go near the bathroom!-<-{@