Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Hellraiser

Which did you prefer, Land of the Dead or Diary of the Dead?

I just watched Diary of the Dead last night and i thought that it was better than Land of the Dead, what are your thoughts on this movie?
i tried to do a search on this movie, but it doesn't seem to be working for me.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Blackheart

No question,I prefer Land over Diary.I had such high hopes for Diary and was utterly disappointed with it.Its probably my least favorite of Romero's zombie movies.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

diary by far.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
diary by far.
I'm with Urge on this one.

A couple of annoying characters aside Diary is a solid flick and I really like how the script is a return to form for Romero. It reminded me of The Crazies. I still enjoyed Land but it was a bit of mess with a pretty weak social commentary... sure Diary beats you over the head with its ideology but at least it digs deeper and provokes more thought.

Hopefully he'll make everyone eat their words and top Day Of The Dead one day. But truth be told I'd rather see him put out something amazing along the lines Martin instead.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Hellraiser

I enjoyed Land of the Dead much more. The first person camera in Diary of the Dead was disappointing to what I originally expected it would be. The characters added music and sound effects to it which kinda ruined it for me. I mean, why? I thought it was just unnecessary. [Rec] was much scarier without music because it almost felt real to me. Land of the Dead was just a better film to me, and I think if Diary would not have been first person it would have been much more enjoyable.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Misanthrope

[REC] is a totally different kinda film. The FPC in Dairy was used more to illustrate the disection of the social themes (life in the digital age. etc) in the film.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
[REC] is a totally different kinda film. The FPC in Dairy was used more to illustrate the disection of the social themes (life in the digital age. etc) in the film.
I see what your saying, but thats another thing I disliked about it. I saw it expecting something more like rec. I thought it was too obvious that when a character picked up another camera Romero just wanted another angle to shoot from. I cant really explain what I didnt like about it well enough I guess. But the bottom line is I liked Land of the Dead better.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:16 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Diary, primarily because of the casting of Land - Dennis Hopper, Simon Baker and John Leguizamo are all just plain awful in this film (and in general) Asia is the only bright spot

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 10-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Misanthrope

Dennis Hopper was great in Hell Ride but I see whatcha gettin' at. River's Edge was the last really good performance I remember.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Token Black Guy

Diary

Land of the Dead was terrible.

"Rich people are evil, and zombies are just like us." :rolleyes: