Old 08-18-2008, 10:51 PM
For Vendetta

The Dark Knight Rises!

Aug 18, 2008

The First Step: Warners has an offer out to the director

The Dark Knight soared past the first Star Wars movie this weekend to become the second highest-grossing domestic release of all time just behind Titanic. With over $470 million now in their coffers, Warner Bros. is understandably eager to make sure that filmmaker Christopher Nolan, the director of TDK and Batman Begins, returns to helm the third installment in their revitalized Bat-franchise.

So far there had been little hard news about Batman 3 (but plenty of unfounded casting gossip about who might play the villains in the next sequel).

Until now.

According to Variety, "There's a deal for the director to helm a third pic, but he has yet to decide on whether to tackle it yet." Warner Bros. studio boss Alan Horn told the trade, "We have no idea where Chris is going with this. ... We haven't had any conversations with him about it."

Although the paper doesn't say, it should probably be expected that Nolan's next directing effort will likely be a non-Batman project (assuming he even wants to do Batman 3), much like how he followed the success of Batman Begins with The Prestige.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:22 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Please God let Nolan accept...

I do like the idea of seeing him do something else first though - as much as he's perfect for Batman, I'd love to see what else is brewing in that mind. All of his movies so far have been masterpieces - except for Insomnia, IMO - and I'm pumped for his next project.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:32 AM
For Vendetta

August 27, 2008

Given the phenomenal success of The Dark Knight, fans -- as well as studio Warner Bros. and production company Legendary Pictures -- are all eager for a third installment in the revitalized Batman franchise.

But there is one key player -- director Christopher Nolan -- who has yet to commit to making another sequel.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, both Warner Bros. and Legendary want a Batman 3 but concede that "it will be up to Nolan to come to them with a story and a plan."

As Batman Begins and Dark Knight producer Charles Roven put it, "There are a lot of us who emotionally would love to do it. ... But it's really Chris' call. Chris is the kind of filmmaker who just doesn't think about the next movie before he has completely finished the movie he is working on."

Warners recently made an offer to Nolan, but THR says Nolan is currently away on vacation. "When he comes back, we will see how he feels," Roven said.

The studio revealed this week that it wants to release four DC Comics movie adaptations by 2011, with a third Batman film being one of them.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:23 AM
For Vendetta

Okay, there have been no end to rumors (do you blame the mongers, after what TDK did at the BO?), but this one is pretty much direct from a source who has pretty close ties with both Nolan AND Goyer :-

"The other day, they (Chris & David) were discussing the follow-up, before Chris Nolan had to leave for his vacation. And Chris was very pleased with the way TDK shaped up, and was very animated in describing the character traits of three characters for pt.3, if he gets a chance to get on the director's chair again.

They are - The Huntress, Catwoman & Hugo Strange.

Considering that Chris likes his Batman dark, grim-faced and faithful to his roots, I am willing to place a very safe bet on a storyline involving these 3, with a hint at a bigger villain for a possible follow-up trilogy."

Excited? I am!

Let's wait for the confirmation and official news, when and if they come.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Evil Dead

I'd like to see Hush in a Nolan Batman film - the characters dark enough to throw in without much change, a good counter character to Batman.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Here comes the pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
I'd like to see Hush in a Nolan Batman film - the characters dark enough to throw in without much change, a good counter character to Batman.
If you are talking about the crocodile that is Killer Croc. I think Mr.Freeze would be tragic enough and have plenty of story, and with the thoughts brewing in nolan's head he could easily make us forget the "terminator".
Old 09-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Pirate of Bengal

A fanmade poster!

I just saw this poster at a Bangla community forum and like to share with you here:

Old 09-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Good poster. I'd be worried with the riddler being in it. Great character but it can be easy to make him similar to the joker without them realize they're doing it.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 09-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
I just saw this poster at a Bangla community forum and like to share with you here:

I totally thought of the big question mark idea even before Dark Knight came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 09-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
Good poster. I'd be worried with the riddler being in it. Great character but it can be easy to make him similar to the joker without them realize they're doing it.
I think the Riddler is different enough from the Joker, we haven't seen any good death traps yet and (hopefully) we'd see some more actual detective work from the bat.