Old 05-30-2013, 06:41 PM
Banned

Premium Rush

fun movie

Old 05-30-2013, 07:49 PM
For Vendetta

Casual viewers would be delightfully entertained, but comic-book officianidos would be enraged beyond their wits at the point where the twist comes in regarding the villain.

For me, it was a great dose of CGI-filled entertainment, with Downey Jr pulling out some great punches while battling those "liquid metal", T-1000-esque human villains, until that twist. The rest of the film lost credibility, even though the climax sequence was mind-blowing (although I didn't like the end of that sequence involving Pepper and Killian).

A true laugh-out-loud moment after the end credits roll out, but a bit disappointed with that too since I was looking for some sort of an indication towards the buildup to The Avengers 2.

Last edited by _____V_____; 05-30-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:39 AM
Undead

Old 05-31-2013, 08:57 AM
For Vendetta

Very unnerving, disturbing and terrifying. Not recommended to those who feel queasy easily.

* * * ½
Old 05-31-2013, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
And.....any thoughts
Old 05-31-2013, 07:18 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Very unnerving, disturbing and terrifying. Not recommended to those who feel queasy easily.

* * * ½
I'll have to see it. :)
Old 05-31-2013, 07:30 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
And.....any thoughts
It wasn't bad as far as the more serious of zombie flicks go. A lot of action and great visuals. Some of the fight scenes were awesome to say the least. Fairly predictable, and funny at times without crossing the line of slapstick.

With the oversaturation of zombie flicks out there to pick from - this is one of the better ones. I'd definitely recommend a viewing. It's well worth the ride. :cool:
Old 05-31-2013, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
It wasn't bad as far as the more serious of zombie flicks go. A lot of action and great visuals. Some of the fight scenes were awesome to say the least. Fairly predictable, and funny at times without crossing the line of slapstick.

With the oversaturation of zombie flicks out there to pick from - this is one of the better ones. I'd definitely recommend a viewing. It's well worth the ride. :cool:
cool...I already saw it and I agree with you.

not horror but kind of in the same scenario....without the zombies....give The Raid Redemption a watch....balls to the wall action
Old 05-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
cool...I already saw it and I agree with you.

not horror but kind of in the same scenario....without the zombies....give The Raid Redemption a watch....balls to the wall action
I'll put it on my list. :cool:
Old 06-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Evil Dead

cat People (1982) This my 3 or 4 re-watch movie,

I saw Cat People (1942) for first last week , which I thought was decent and I did not think it was that great but this 1982 one, I thought was great!

I really enjoyed the whole of movie, granted the movie could have been little shorter as the were saw calm moment that took bit to long but that my only complaint,

The rest of the movie was really well paced and I loved some of bloody moment in this movie, it was very nasty and bloody at times.
I love the transformation scenes was ace,

I loved that scenes great effect in this movie and I liked how they made this remake more of there

and some little nod to the The original like the swimming pool scenes but I do think The original was bit more creepy in that but for me that only decent part in the The original,

Really great acting from the whole cast

8 out of 10

Village of the Damned (1960)

I have tired to watch this one before but I just could not get into at time so, I gave this movie another go

I thought it was decent movie, it had some really good creepy moment with kid scenes but the rest of the movie did little tame at times.

I really enjoyed last 20 mixtures of movie and number of things gong at the same time but I wish there more to the aftermath of movie. just to end it after that.

The acting was decent from the whole cast

5 out of 10

Carrie (2002) I also been reading the book and I so gave this movie another watch.

I really enjoyed - Min-in -series that turned into a movie, I thought add a lot of decent stuff that missing from the first movie

I really the whole movie and liked the interview parts of the movie as well, they well made at and pace wasn't to bad at all

Some of effect of the movie were a little odd in this movie but i don't think there were that bad at all and acting was really good from most of the cast some wooden acting from some cast.

i was a little disspoting they didn't follow the book again and I didn't really like how this movie ended at all.

This was decent movie 6 out of 10 not as good as the first one but this a is a lot more closer to the book!

When A stranger calls (1979)

I have tired to watch this movie twice before, I just could fully get into the movie.

I really enjoyed the first half of movie, there were decent creepy scenes in this movie, and nice way of making you jump even when nothing much it going on.

What did not like about this movie is that middle part of the movie, I was really bored and some scenes kinda of drag on and on, I bored to death, I made turn the last two times .

Then it's picks up again after slow middle part of the movie and the last 20 mins of the movie really good and it finally grab back into the movie again.

There were very good scene and very well paced in later part of the movie and some really good tense moment in near just like the movie started.

The last scene in the movie was perfect, I love had everything from creepy, tension and shocking moment and really well acted.

6 out of 10

Village of the Damned (1995)

Frist of all, I Don't The original was even that good but at least kept in in and moved forward and at more creepy feel to the movie.

I did think movie would be better as John Carpenter did this remake, So I looking forward to it but soon as the movie started I knew this movie not going to be good.

I didn't really like how they kinda chnage the story and gave really lame back story to kids being bored, there not one moment did have this kids creepy or scary at all, it was tame from start to end and never feel moved forward as the movie was such their

I thought this was going to be a lot more better, so how they about to die, we actually see the death scenes in this movie, seen before and the aftermath but not when happens, it cuts way to the kids was lights in there eyes.

The acting was really wooden by some of the main cast, I don't maybe they took make this more main stream movie,

I think must worst John carpenter movie but a least movie wasn't boring, it maybe a little intruded how the movie going pan out, even that ending was a load of rubbish.

2 out of 10

Tags
movie