Old 04-07-2015, 10:05 AM
Little Boo

The only movie that ever really scared me as a kid was Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. I was like five or six the first time I saw it. I was sitting by myself watching it in the living room and my mom was back in her bedroom. When it got to the scene with Large Marge I freaked out and ran screaming back to my mom's room but her door was locked so I just started slamming my entire body against it until she let me in. Keep in mind I wasn't a squeamish kid and even at that age I had already seen some pretty gnarly horror movies but nothing ever seemed to phase me except that.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:46 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountTrocar View Post
The only movie that ever really scared me as a kid was Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. I was like five or six the first time I saw it. I was sitting by myself watching it in the living room and my mom was back in her bedroom. When it got to the scene with Large Marge I freaked out and ran screaming back to my mom's room but her door was locked so I just started slamming my entire body against it until she let me in. Keep in mind I wasn't a squeamish kid and even at that age I had already seen some pretty gnarly horror movies but nothing ever seemed to phase me except that.
I can't be the only kid that found that to be like the funniest thing ever...

The only thing I can really remember scaring me as a kid was the boat scene from Willy Wonka.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:50 PM
Scares Little Kids

A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 was really scary for me and this film also introduced me to horror. Other ANOES films were also really scary, especially the first one, even more than the fourth. Also I would say Alien and Halloween. And Jason goes to Hell had it's moments when I was really scared (I was little kid, so...). I was also very scared at the end of Ed and His Dead Mother, when Steve Buscemi is burying his mothers head (I repeat, I was little kid).
Old 05-21-2015, 01:15 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

I was mostly freaked out by shows... CSI during dinner time was a very FOND memory.
There were a few movies though. A few being The Mummy and Scooby Doo on Zombie Island were rather traumatizing to me as a kid. I still don't like zombies or mummies to this day.

My parents aren't big on horror so I never got to see any true horror classics til I was older. At that point I wasn't such a wuss anymore.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 05-21-2015, 03:52 PM
Banned

As a child I saw Xtro. Spent years after trying to locate the movie from bits and pieces I remembered. Struck gold and brought it on DVD over a year ago and relived those moments.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:34 AM
Evil Dead

The movies that scared me as a kid was The Exorcist and Fire In The Sky. Fire In The Sky wasn't exactly a horror movie but what the aliens were doing to Travis scared me! I ended up having to sleep in my brother's room for a few nights after I saw the movie cause I was so scared.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:03 PM
Evil Dead

Old 05-31-2015, 03:59 PM
Evil Dead

The Skeksis from The Dark Crystal creeped me out and still do.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:42 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Astronaut View Post
The Skeksis from The Dark Crystal creeped me out and still do.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 12-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Little Boo

When I was little I was a total coward and my best friend and her grand mother loved horror movies. The grand mother thought it was hilarious when I would hide behind her chair. The ones that stick out in my mind though were Cat's Eye, Silver Bullet and the episode of Jim Henson Story Tellers with the soldier who trapped death. For some reason I was convinced that the demons from that episode lived in my elementary school bathroom.