Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Evil Dead

Castlevania:the movie

Anderson Brings Castlevania to Life
Source: Variety
November 3, 2005

Crystal Sky Pictures has bought the rights to long-running Konami video game franchise Castlevania and has set helmer Paul W.S. Anderson (Alien vs. Predator, Resident Evil) to adapt and direct.

Paul and Crystal Sky president Benedict Carver will produce along with Anderson and Jeremy Bolt, who are partnered in Impact PicturesImpact Pictures.

The film will focus on the origins of Dracula and the uprising of the Belmont Clan, a vampire-slaying family who supposedly become humanity's last hope.

Production is slated to start in mid-2006; no casting has been set. "Castlevania" was first released in 1986. The latest version, "Castlevania: Curse of Darkness," comes out Stateside on November 8.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:29 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Hey cool! This is and the Zelda franchise weer two video games that I always thought would make for cool movies. Hopefully they won't fuck it up, but we'll see... I'll definately go check this one out.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:48 AM
EVIL CON CARNE

I really like Castelvania Simphony of the night ....I hope they dont make another shit like Vanhelsin
Old 11-03-2005, 03:02 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally posted by Jacob Singer
I really like Castelvania Simphony of the night ....I hope they dont make another shit like Vanhelsin
Ugh! Me too! Van Helsing sucked some major ass! If they destroy this franchise, I'll be pissed. (Although the games are cool enough that a shitty movie may not completely destroy it. Although after seeing House of the Dead, I have absolutely zero interest in ever playing that game again.)
Old 11-03-2005, 03:44 AM
EVIL CON CARNE

That was the big problem with this movies. People that are fans of the games hate them(how could i like thnings like Resient evil?) and people that never play the games after see the movies would think that the games would be as bad as the film adaptation. However, as fan of Silent Hill games, I hope they dont fuck it with the next movie adaptation, and the same for Castelvania (the Count Dracula from Vanhelsin was terrible bad actor....the worst dracula ever!!!!)
Old 11-03-2005, 05:23 AM
Evil Dead

So far every video game turned movie has not been very good IMO.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:49 AM
EVIL CON CARNE

Completly agree with you....and its a crap some games have a nice history for make a good movie
Old 11-03-2005, 06:44 AM
Evil Puppy

I like a couple of games movies and I hear Doom is a blast but Castlevania is incredible. How could you screw up a badass with a whip killing vapires and other evil creatures? I hope they use a Blemont and I hope he's part vampire himself, this could be amazing. Of course this could also blow extremely large chunks, ones that would choke a big dog.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:49 AM
Evil Dead

I've heard that Doom is a Resident Evil knoch-off b/c the mosters are not demons from hell but mutations from the genetic code breaking, or someting like that. I haven't seen it and I don't plan to see it b/c for 1) I don't like the Rock as an actor, 2) I think the first person stuff is tupied, if I wanted to feel like I'm "in the game" I'd stay home and play the game, 3) from the trailer I thought it looked like a Resident Evil knoch-off and I don't really care for the first Resident Evil and the second one sucked ass!
Old 11-03-2005, 07:54 AM
Your funeral... my trial

The only surprise is that it's not Uwe Boll directing. I still like the old Castlevania games. We'll see how it goes.