Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Darthboy

A couple of questions about House of the Dead.

What's so bad about matrix shots? and what is really crappy or stupid about inserting game clips into the movie?
Old 05-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Backyard Waterfall

I know this is just a technicality, but technically, those are not really Matrix shots in House of the Dead. It's just high-speed photography with the camera on a spinning rig. The Matrix's time-stretching effects were done with many cameras triggered in sequence.

House of the Dead is a movie I am really pleased to own, because it's one of the silliest things I've seen in years. Not a good movie, but pretty damn amusing IMO!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:12 AM
Banned

those inserts were done so 'ham-fistedly' it was an intrusion .. we didnt need to be reminded it was the video game .. we already hade boring extended stupid fight sequences ..

its the only movie i can recall where stupid teenage ravers instantly became world class kick box champions.

i know its a dumb fantasy film based on a plotless vidogame .. but jesus ....
Old 05-12-2006, 10:35 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by filmmaker2
House of the Dead is a movie I am really pleased to own, because it's one of the silliest things I've seen in years. Not a good movie, but pretty damn amusing IMO!
Agreed 100%. It's a bad movie, but I love sitting back and watching it. It isnt bad in a Jigsaw kind of way, it's just plain fun. I love it.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:58 AM
For Vendetta

look who's back

Uwe Boll does take the razzies when it comes to his movie adaptations. Inserting sequences from the game itself, together with editing and inserting "matrix-like"(its an insult to the wachowski bros to even refer to the series) photography in the middle of a gunfight...he makes House of the Dead feel like Archie in Terror Island or somethin...

Check out Alone in the Dark. Another real boring offering from the guy. God knows who gave him inspiration to make BloodRayne. Whats next, Uwe? Half-Life?

btw...I m baccccccccckkkkkkkk....
Old 05-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Re: look who's back

Quote:
Originally posted by _____V_____
Uwe Boll does take the razzies when it comes to his movie adaptations. Inserting sequences from the game itself, together with editing and inserting "matrix-like"(its an insult to the wachowski bros to even refer to the series) photography in the middle of a gunfight...he makes House of the Dead feel like Archie in Terror Island or somethin...

Check out Alone in the Dark. Another real boring offering from the guy. God knows who gave him inspiration to make BloodRayne. Whats next, Uwe? Half-Life?

btw...I m baccccccccckkkkkkkk....
If that fag uwe does half life i'm commiting suicide...

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 05-12-2006, 11:10 AM
For Vendetta

run to the nearest church and pray he doesnt...
Old 05-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
meh... but then i'd have to get up... I'll KILL that fucker if he does half life... he's so annoying.

Quote:
oh posher, I love you.

None of this is real
Old 05-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Ssh...did you hear that?

Send a message via Yahoo to Miss Olivia
It would have been great if they would have set HOTD in the seventies....you know, professional teenage kickboxing partiers kicking bell bottomed butt to The Hustle or maybe Night Fever instead of techno....
Old 05-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Misfit

Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Olivia
It would have been great if they would have set HOTD in the seventies....you know, professional teenage kickboxing partiers kicking bell bottomed butt to The Hustle or maybe Night Fever instead of techno....
Hahaha!

Quote:
oh posher, I love you.

None of this is real