Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-09-2005, 07:29 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Dahmers was the best character in The Frighteners!

Whoops...wrong one:p
Old 03-10-2005, 03:40 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally posted by aborted
saying everyone who admires these people are emotionally retarded is a very stupid thing to say. murder, if thought of as sport, would be much more challenging and entertaing then other sports like hunting that are on the same level so fans of any kind of hunting including fishing or their participants are emotionally retarded and if they are thats probably the population of the world with a few exceptions.

as for my choise of avatar i took it for what it was, a movie. i didnt miss the point nor do i agree with it to a tee. its just a movie that i enjoy.
It isnt stupid. Likening murder to sports is. What exactly is admirable about killing and raping? Does it require some useful skill? Does it contribute in some meaningful way to society?

No, it ruins lives and demeans everyone involved. There is a big difference between hunting for an animal and a human. In a certyain way, there is a huge problem with hunting and fishing, in that it screws up the natural order because people want to get the biggest best trophy, which means the strong die and the weak survive, but that isnt the point here, and aside from that, i have no problem with either hunting or fishing. Both actually serve a very useful purpose.

Don't try to give me any bullshit that murder is necesarry, either. I believe overpopulation is a problem, and the increase of serial killing is a direct result of the species trying to even out it''s numbers, but the answer to that is prevention, not culling the herd.

Yiour parallels are absurd. Comparing murder to hunting and sport in general is saying Hitler was like Mr Rogers because they both tried to teach people an ideology.

I would not be arguing with you if i thought you actually 100% believed what you are saying, because if you are, you are a sociopath anyway. You come off as someone trying to be a badass, and have managed to convince yourself that serial killers have attained some sort of well-deserved celebrity status because they were pathetic shut-ins with a broken moral compass and tenuous (at best) grip on reality.

Actually do some research on some of these people:
http://crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/index.html

there is hours of reading there. Get a real education on the subject, and if your views stay the same, then you are exactly what i said, emaotionally retarded, not to mention morally retarded.

Try developing some empathy for other human beings. it takes the fun out of this shit. And if you thinik by admitting that you will lose your "badass" status, then you are a sad little nerd that could use some counseling.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:33 PM
I Killed Paul Allen

im not trying to be anything im not and there a many prople like me im sure. people like you have been trying to say what kind of murder is ok. like the guy who dropped the atomic bomb he was a hero but then you hear about ottis toole what a monster. compare the hundreds of thousands of lives vs. one (+more mabey) and lets not froget the middle ground, al capone everyone loves a mobster its a guilty pleasure of many people mabey even you.

and i prefer http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/serial.html its much better.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:46 AM
Fear scented candle

The atomi9c bomb was an atrocity, nuclear weapons are as well. It ended the war, so more lives were saved, but that still doesnt make it right.

No, i dont particularly care for Al Capone. I have always taken great satisfaction from the fact he died from syphillis, that was justice.

Check out the crimelibrary link. the site you referred to is actually the kind i was talking about, giving only a few paragraphs about each killer. Crimelibrary articles usually run 6-14 pages and are much more interesting.

Read the one on Henry Lee Lucas. It pretty much kills the movie "Henry: Portrait of a serial killer", but it is a good read.

I have a feeling we will have to agree to disagree on this, seeing as how neither of us will be letting up our posiiton anytime soon.

If you want to discuss them objectively, hit me up. it is a very interesting subject.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:30 AM
The Dork Knight

Why would you want to glorify or admire a serial killer? I just don't get actually admiring someone who's mentally ill(in most cases) and ends the lives of people in a gruesome fashion.

What's admirable about that? most serial killers are insane and kill of uncontrolable impulses so what is there to admire, you said it's a sport, lets make an example out of football. Terrell Owens is a wide reciever who has athletic ability and knowing uses it on the field to make great plays to help his team win that is admirable but someone who simply cannot control himself has nothing to admire.

If you're talking about movies that's one thing, to say who's your favorite villan and have people answer freddy,michael,jason ect. that's all fun because it's not real and used for entertainment but when you start talking about real people who take real lives away from families a son from his mother,husband from his wife,father from his children ect. that's nothing to glorify. Take American Psycho for example the scene Bateman chased the girl through the apartment building and drops the chainsaw on her I thought that was kinda cool, but when I heard that Derek Todd Lee had killed another woman I didn't say ''that guys good'' I said ''That fucker should be thrown into a rattlesnake pit''

I agree on the fact that it's interesting, everytime I see something on tv about serial killers I watch it I don't sit there admiring the bastards but I do find it interesting.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:21 AM
Fear scented candle

From what i have read, i think many of them dont even qualify as insane. That is giving them too much credit, and shifts the blame. They are sociopaths, and they are just evil.

One killer (from germany i think, maybe england) said "You dont have tio be crazy to be evil".

They know right from wrong, that is why they try to keep hidden. They just dont care. They give in to impulses that many normal people have but ignore or supress.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:37 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
From what i have read, i think many of them dont even qualify as insane. That is giving them too much credit, and shifts the blame. They are sociopaths, and they are just evil.

One killer (from germany i think, maybe england) said "You dont have tio be crazy to be evil".

They know right from wrong, that is why they try to keep hidden. They just dont care. They give in to impulses that many normal people have but ignore or supress.
you're probably right about that but I still can't find a reason why they should be admired, covered in zebra blood and thrown into a Lion's den yes but admired no.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:37 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
you're probably right about that but I still can't find a reason why they should be admired, covered in zebra blood and thrown into a Lion's den yes but admired no.
I am in complete agreeance with you. Study them like animals and then chuckle slightly when they complain that they arent being treated like a person.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:37 PM
I Killed Paul Allen

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
The atomi9c bomb was an atrocity, nuclear weapons are as well. It ended the war, so more lives were saved, but that still doesnt make it right.

Read the one on Henry Lee Lucas. It pretty much kills the movie "Henry: Portrait of a serial killer", but it is a good read.

I have a feeling we will have to agree to disagree on this, seeing as how neither of us will be letting up our posiiton anytime soon.
ilove henry portrait of a serial killer and yeah h.l.l does ruin it. yes we will probably agree on disagreeing. p.s. i love you vod *kisses
Old 03-18-2005, 05:29 PM
Evil Dead

I love Jeff with all my heart and will always.

Jeffrey i mourn your murder and yes Christopher Scaver must die!!!!!!!!!!!
Baby and not heard!