Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-01-2015, 11:47 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
What We Do In The Shadows was really fun and refreshing.
I highly recommend it.

The following movies are more fun than scary, but I think most of them are refreshing in some way.

-Trollhunter
Seconding Trollhunter. Lots of fun. Though I wouldn't describe it specifically as horror.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Evil Dead

I'm a little surprised no ones mentioned Drag Me To Hell. That might suit your boyfriend. Also, does this guy watch these films expecting not to like them?

He might also be into The Taking of Deborah Logan or Shallow Ground, possibly The Innkeepers too.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Total Horror Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Seconding Trollhunter. Lots of fun. Though I wouldn't describe it specifically as horror.
Agreed. We actually saw Trollhunter already too. I loved it! He probably viewed it more as comedy. haha! Thanks so much though!
Old 02-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Total Horror Junkie

Quote:
I'm a little surprised no ones mentioned Drag Me To Hell. That might suit your boyfriend. Also, does this guy watch these films expecting not to like them?

He might also be into The Taking of Deborah Logan or Shallow Ground, possibly The Innkeepers too.
Yeah, we saw Drag Me To Hell already and surprise, surprise...he didn't like it. It's funny you ask that because I said the same thing. I get so frustrated. He said he doesn't go into it expecting to hate it. He said he's open minded. He just thinks everything nowadays is all rehashed crap. Trust me.....it drives me nuts.

I will add those other three though because we haven't seen those! Thank you!!
Old 02-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Evil Dead

I've been trying to think of something recent and very original. Right now I'm only coming up with this flic, which I haven't seen yet, but looks like it could be quite good. You could try My Engine's Fragile Sound:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2112217/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

http://youtu.be/ItWXkMGkPhY
Old 02-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Evil Dead

Oy. Can't believe I forgot this one.

Beyond The Black Rainbow. If possible watch in complete darkness on as big a screen as possible. Not for 'scariness', but for the colors, the way its shot, and how it affects your state of mind. Truss me.

http://youtu.be/Q1ertVYn750
Old 02-05-2015, 03:43 PM
ventricle

Quote:

Beyond The Black Rainbow. If possible watch in complete darkness on as big a screen as possible. Not for 'scariness', but for the colors, the way its shot, and how it affects your state of mind. Truss me.

Looks cool. I like deeper &/or trippy films, even if they do allow the audience to develop their interpretation of things... still, I don't like when it has basically nothing to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorpsycho View Post
Yup! So he's actually seen most of these with the exception of Dead Silence and The Cabin in the Woods. I'll add them to the list. Thanks!!!
So what did he think of Dead Silence and Cabin in the Woods (if you've seen them yet)?

Dead Silence is nothing new, but it was a scary well-made ride for me. Cabin is written/directed by Josh Whedon (Avengers, Serenity/Firefly). It has some semi-original elements. It's not scary, but it's well-made with smart dialogue, & it's entertaining.

Also, from his tastes, I think he'd like John Dies at the End. It's intelligent & crafty. It has horror & comedy elements & a creative mesh of concepts. It's not meant to be entirely original, though I had no idea where it was going, & that's plenty entertaining to me. I didn't like the ending, but thought it was forgivable because the rest was so good. It's kind of a 'Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey' meets 'Evil Dead 2'. If your husband liked those, he'd like this.

Let us know what you all think of them. I'll be very curious.

What did you guys think of The Cell 2002? The one with Jennifer Lopez, psychologist using machine to go into the mind of a serial killer to save a girl.

Last edited by Sculpt; 02-05-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Total Horror Junkie

Quote:
I've been trying to think of something recent and very original. Right now I'm only coming up with this flic, which I haven't seen yet, but looks like it could be quite good. You could try My Engine's Fragile Sound:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2112217/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

http://youtu.be/ItWXkMGkPhY
Awesome! Haven't heard of it and will definitely add it to the list. Thanks!!
Old 02-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Total Horror Junkie

Quote:

Another I haven't even heard of! You're awesome! Thanks!
Old 02-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Total Horror Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Looks cool. I like deeper &/or trippy films, even if they do allow the audience to develop their interpretation of things... still, I don't like when it has basically nothing to say.

So what did he think of Dead Silence and Cabin in the Woods (if you've seen them yet)?

Dead Silence is nothing new, but it was a scary well-made ride for me. Cabin is written/directed by Josh Whedon (Avengers, Serenity/Firefly). It has some semi-original elements. It's not scary, but it's well-made with smart dialogue, & it's entertaining.

Also, from his tastes, I think he'd like John Dies at the End. It's intelligent & crafty. It has horror & comedy elements & a creative mesh of concepts. It's not meant to be entirely original, though I had no idea where it was going, & that's plenty entertaining to me. I didn't like the ending, but thought it was forgivable because the rest was so good. It's kind of a 'Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey' meets 'Evil Dead 2'. If your husband liked those, he'd like this.

Let us know what you all think of them. I'll be very curious.

What did you guys think of The Cell 2002? The one with Jennifer Lopez, psychologist using machine to go into the mind of a serial killer to save a girl.
I hate to say but school has consumed me so we haven't been able to watch any others lately, but hopefully we'll catch one this weekend. Also, I haven't heard of John Dies at the End, so I'll throw that on the list! He loves Evil Dead 2 but he's so-so on Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey...so I'd be curious to see what he thinks. Also, we never saw The Cell. Recommend it?