Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I am manic. I am bipolar and was pretty damn erratic Without my medicine but since I have gotten back on it and it has started working again, I have been feeling better but I still have my problems of course.
I'm really glad you're back on it and it's helping you feel better. :-)

I honestly don't think my medicine is working good enough. It has helped a lot but if I ever get too stressed out I can feel myself getting manic. I can control it better now than I used to before I found out I had Bipolar Disorder type 1 but I still have a lot of problems with it.

I guess I need to talk to my doctor about it but to be honest I think she's a terrible doctor, and I hate the place I have to go to because they're always changing up my doctors so I never see the same one every time I go. Maybe when I move back home I'll get to find a better doctor, but I doubt it.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
My gosh, Happy Belated Birthday!
Thank you!
Old 09-25-2018, 11:28 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I'm jamming to this awesome theme from a game I completed called Yakuza Kiwami.

https://youtu.be/pRGXnMrniqc

It's from the boss fight with Lau Ka Long, the leader of the Snakeflower Triad (part of the Chinese Mafia).

Such a beautiful epic boss fight them.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:57 AM
Banned

I can't help but feel like they could have just as easily made this new Halloween movie Helloween 9 rather than completely cancelling out all the sequels and just ripping off with Texas Chainsaw Massacre did, which turn that series into garbage, and as cool as the trailer looks, will probably do the same thing to Halloween. I mean all they had to do was make it where Jamie Lee Curtis didn't die. I mean everyone thought Michael died at the end of H2O but so they can continue making sequels they made it so it wasn't him. why are they taking an idea that another film franchise had which completely ruined the series and turned the biggest part of their fans against them and apply it to such a National Treasure of a film series just so they can ruin it for the sake of making a mediocre amount of money from a horror movie? I mean yeah, it will probably be number one the first weekend it's out but then drop to number five or six the next week because everyone who went to see it tells their friends stay the hell away from it. This is just a waste of time and money and the studios way of saying "fuck you guys we don't care if we are ruining one of your favorite horror series because we are making money so you can just suck it".

Last edited by Morningriser; 09-26-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:52 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Sounds like every slasher franchise ever made to me.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:01 AM
Banned

I know they have all been rebooted like crazy but I can only think of Texas Chainsaw Massacre using the original and then canceling out all the sequels just to make a new part 2 which is what they are doing with Halloween.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:29 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

You know what I really hate? The fact that George Romero's Night of the Living Dead and Day of the Dead have been remade so many times with crappy remakes (excluding the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead which was actually good).

I hate bad remakes of classic horror movies because once they come out it's like the original classics quit existing for the younger generation who don't know what they are missing.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:17 AM
Banned

I wish filmmakers would start tapping into the literary World a little deeper. Just because a novel isn't a best seller doesn't mean it wouldn't make a great movie. there are so many stories out there that will never get to see the light of day and rather than just rehashing everything, why not start looking to books and authors for inspiration and ideas?
Old 09-26-2018, 11:43 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I wish filmmakers would start tapping into the literary World a little deeper. Just because a novel isn't a best seller doesn't mean it wouldn't make a great movie. there are so many stories out there that will never get to see the light of day and rather than just rehashing everything, why not start looking to books and authors for inspiration and ideas?

Yeah I agree because I'm tired of all these remakes and copycats of other people's movies.

And it doesn't even have to be books, they could research history and mythology to come up with creative ideas of their own. It seems like nobody really does that anymore but I might would do that if I wanted to make a movie.

Mythology and Folklore will always be fascinating and timeless and it has always served as an inspiration to writers and artists for centuries.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:04 AM
That fucking Guy...

What if...you shit out your penis?