Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to Rayne
It isn't horror movies that make me want to kill people...It's shit like this

Mom Backs Dog, Chides Son For Pulling Ears Before Mauling

Austrailia - The mum who has vowed to keep her family dog even though it mauled her two-year-old son, has been at the centre of controversy after The Daily Telegraph revealed that she was blaming the mauling on her two-year-old son’s stupidity.

Little Noah Newbold is lucky to have the sight in his left eye after being mauled by his family's 50kg mastiff-staffordshire cross.

Deep cuts and scratches cover the left side of his face.

But the toddler's mother, Alicia Cottier, said she was keeping the dog despite the attack because it had been provoked by her son pulling the dog's ears.

"People are telling me I should shoot the dog, and as much as I love my son to death, I believe Noah was annoying her. I love the dog and she's part of the family," Ms Cottier said.

Noah is nursing a range of painful injuries after being bitten on Monday night at his home at Booral in the Hunter Valley.

Police attended the scene but said there no charges would be laid because the attack had occurred at the home of the dog's owner.

With a large cut on his eyelid, and puncture marks on his cheeks and chin, the toddler told The Daily Telegraph his pet dog "bited me".

As the child hugged and kissed the dog yesterday, Ms Cottier said the attack was not the dog's fault.

"It's not like the dog picked him up and shook him or anything, she just snapped at him for pulling on her ears," she said.

"She's a good dog, I've never had any problems with her before and I don't think it's her fault."

Young Noah agreed.

"I love Cassey," Noah said.

Paramedics who dressed the boy's wounds said he was lucky to escape with so few injuries, given his size compared with the dog.

Until Monday night, Ms Cottier said Noah and Cassey played together like best friends.

But one too many tugs of the dog's ears, according to Ms Cottier, was enough to set her off.

"Noah was lying all over her and he started pulling her ears. I told him not to or she'd get cranky," Ms Cottier said.

But Noah persisted.

"Normally when she (Cassey) has had enough, she walks away from him but this time she snapped at him and she's bitten him on the face," Ms Cottier said.

Noah was covered in blood and crying hysterically when Ms Cottier pulled him away from the dog and dialled triple-0.

"There was blood everywhere, and he was screaming," she said.

Ambulance officers from the Hunter Westpac Rescue Helicopter attended to Noah and deemed him "the luckiest boy alive".

Lower Hunter police inspector Glenn Blain said the dog's fate was in the hands of its owner.

"It happened at the house where the dog lives so no action will be taken," he said.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Umbra Asylum

What happens the NEXT time the baby pulls the dog's ears or tail?

Will this 'mother' be at the baby's funeral saying, "Well, I kept telling him not to mess with the dog...At least I still have my beloved pet"?

Love your pet, but love your CHILD more.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Maggie:}

Send a message via AIM to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via MSN to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via Yahoo to pinkfloyd45769
I am so afraid to get new pets because of something like that.Is she nuts??I would give the dog to someone who had no children.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Umbra Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfloyd45769 View Post
I am so afraid to get new pets because of something like that.Is she nuts??I would give the dog to someone who had no children.
Yeah, considering having ANY large animal around a baby is pretty scary

And, this animal has already attacked him...Any animal that will attack a baby is a DANGEROUS animal

I don't understand why the animal couldn't be removed by authorities in the best interest of the child, considering the mother isn't smart (or doesn't care) enough to protect him herself.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via MSN to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via Yahoo to pinkfloyd45769
That pic breaks my heart...poor lil guy!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 08:11 AM

That should be a case of child neglect or endangerment!
Old 05-03-2008, 08:14 AM
Umbra Asylum

Quote:
That pic breaks my heart...poor lil guy!!!
I know...Having a 2 year-old myself makes this all the more horrible...I couldn't even imagine allowing something like this to happen to my baby, and I definitely wouldn't take a chance on it happening AGAIN, and potentially being fatal...It's insane
Old 05-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Umbra Asylum

Quote:
That should be a case of child neglect or endangerment!
Absolutely...Which is why I believe the authorities have the right to remove the animal...OR remove the child from the 'mother'

They have a clean-cut case for child endangerment.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:26 AM

My lil guy is almost two and i could just picture him in that pic.I am really stunned at this shit.Stupid ass mom,she doesnt deserve such a sweet little boy.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:28 AM

I just showed my kids the pic and my 6 year old told me to call child services..LOL! It even shocks her at her age.