Old 12-19-2018, 06:16 PM
Banned

Hellboy (2019)

The first trailer just dropped a few hours ago.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:09 AM
That fucking Guy...

I mean I think it looks ok.
The new guy seems to not really have the same presence, the dialogue seems a bit overly comical...but that said...it doesn't look horrible.
Going to be hard for them either way - like every remake/follow up to a "visionary" kind of directors work, one who's managed to capture or create a universe in a unique way that's both immersive and original while being well suited to the subject matter and respectful of the source material...I mean that's what it's up against right? Kinda hard yards.
I'll be seeing it, undecided on whether or not at the cinema but I'd buy it shortly after release.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:28 AM
Banned

Considering this is just the first trailer I'm going to take it at face value. I mean the first Hellboy was packed full of comic relief. I kind of actually liked the presents he had. It's a little weird that they tried to make him look just like Ron Perlman in the face but maybe that's just specifically what he's supposed to look like. Even though this is a reboot I still think it would have been cool to have continued where del Toro's story left off.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:59 PM
ventricle

I'm guessing this isn't where Del Toro left off? I think the older actor Ian McShane (known from HBOs Deadwood) is Hellboy's father maybe?

It'll be weird not having Pearlman as Hellboy, considering, like Morn says, it looks so much like Pearlman's version of Hellboy. Going by the trailer, if those are some of the best/funniest lines... it doesn't look very funny. Also, Del Toro usually puts a lot of heart and spiritual symbolism in his films, I'm also not seeing any of that in this trailer. I'm concerned.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Banned

Yeah it's supposed to be a total reboot. I wouldn't have minded if they had continued the story but it's not like the fans ever get what they want win money for the big cats are involved.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:23 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
if those are some of the best/funniest lines... it doesn't look very funny.
I would hope they weren't - hate it when trailers give away their "best" of anything.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:28 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I would hope they weren't - hate it when trailers give away their "best" of anything.
Good lines in trailers are almost always so short that when you see the film you won't even see the line coming. I can't really think of a funny line I've seen in a trailer that ruined my lauther when I saw the film. The only thing I don't want to see in a trailer is reveals/spoilers. Same goes with a film review.

With a Hellboy trailer, I'd like to see two really funny delivered lines, ones that don't really need much of the situation revealed, it just gives the flavor of the character/actor's funniness; that and other shots show the various tones in the film.

Lots of types of trailers. Some might show one scene that's like a microcosm of the film. As long as there's no spoilers, I'm cool with those too.