Old 09-25-2009, 07:20 AM
Decidedly Unstable

HAHA! I know man. Haven't been here in a while. Thank you. I have a soft spot for this place...just seem to always lose touch. Hopefully I can stick around.

If you go to their site, you can "demand" to get the movie in your area. Hopefully they will expand the release. I get all beside myself when I read overwhelmingly positive reviews for a modern-day horror flick...because there aren't many cases.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:29 AM
Evil Dead

Got back a little while ago from the screening in MI

Does it live up to the hype? No, not even close. Was it good? Yes, it was good. It's worth a watch but I would wait until wide release or DVD release unless of course the selected theaters are located near you Was it scary? There were two scenes that were creepy and eerie but nothing over the top terrifying. The first 45 minutes were beyond boredom, very slow moving. Over an hour into the movie I was actually getting pissed at how boring and dull it was. Finally it picks up. I think to myself, here we go, now it's going to get going on. 15 minutes later, the movie ends.

I do not understand the hype and praise this has received. It was a good movie and definitely worth a watch but scariest movie of all time.....get real. It was very realistic and quite believable I'll give it that but the scares, while extremely real, were too simple and weak. And the actress won an award? I thought her acting was mediocre although the husband was a great actor and hilarious. I sit in amazement and ask myself....who the hell was writing these reviews?

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE
Old 09-26-2009, 02:14 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Interested in Impressions of Paranormal Activity
Check it out! I'm a ghost!
"Waooooooooooooooooooooooooh!"
*floats*
...and such
Old 09-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Decidedly Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE
Thanks much for the input, Shady. I feel better now. I'm not going out of my mind trying to figure out how I'm gonna see the damn movie. I think I can wait til the DVD comes out. The hype sounds a little too much like the hype that surrounded Blair Witch (where the actual result sucked -- for me).

Thanks again.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Evil Puppy

Where do you go and see it? Looks like Thur. I'm going to see Zombieland and Paranormal Activity at the State Theater in Ann Arbor.

Quote:
Got back a little while ago from the screening in MI

Does it live up to the hype? No, not even close. Was it good? Yes, it was good. It's worth a watch but I would wait until wide release or DVD release unless of course the selected theaters are located near you Was it scary? There were two scenes that were creepy and eerie but nothing over the top terrifying. The first 45 minutes were beyond boredom, very slow moving. Over an hour into the movie I was actually getting pissed at how boring and dull it was. Finally it picks up. I think to myself, here we go, now it's going to get going on. 15 minutes later, the movie ends.

I do not understand the hype and praise this has received. It was a good movie and definitely worth a watch but scariest movie of all time.....get real. It was very realistic and quite believable I'll give it that but the scares, while extremely real, were too simple and weak. And the actress won an award? I thought her acting was mediocre although the husband was a great actor and hilarious. I sit in amazement and ask myself....who the hell was writing these reviews?

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE
Old 09-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Where do you go and see it? Looks like Thur. I'm going to see Zombieland and Paranormal Activity at the State Theater in Ann Arbor.
That's where I saw it at, the State Theater. Fair warning, that theater is a piece of shit, most uncomfortable movie experience I've ever had in a theater. Don't sit next anyone big or you won't be able to move.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
That's where I saw it at, the State Theater. Fair warning, that theater is a piece of shit, most uncomfortable movie experience I've ever had in a theater. Don't sit next anyone big or you won't be able to move.
I know, I went and saw Ghostbusters there this summer. The Michigan Theater isn't much better, pretty cramped when I went and saw Teeth. I only live about 15 minutes away though so catching some of the harder to find flicks or great midnight movies isn't a chore.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Scares Little Kids

Paranormal Activity

Without giving me any spoilers, is this worth checking out?
Old 10-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to chaibill
I just saw it. I really liked it. I am not usually scared by a movie . Usually I am checking out the gore and the camera angles and edits. This was pov shot with a small cam maybe one of those RED cam things cost 10G's or what ever. So anyway I got really invested in the characters they seems like real people. Even in the "ass in jean shots" the girl is wearing regular panties no G string. Just a big ass no slice. and i liked the build up to the scares you get to know the two people living in the house. And i can tell you that the hairs on my head and neck were sanding up in a few scenes. But I was really into it. the people i went with didn't like it but i think it was the build up was too long for them. But I bet they would love Rosemary's Baby.
slight spoiler drag over to read so after I saw it I was thinking about it and I found some holes in it. One is when any of the cast walks through the house after the alarm is set the motion sensor never goes off and if the patio door was opened it should go off too. There is one on the stair case.

i recommend watching
DOG SOLDIERS
SAW, THE OTHERS

THE EXORCIST, 28 DAYS LATER, 28 weeks later
PSYCHO, FRIDAY THE 13th movie series
Martyrs, DAWN OF THE DEAD
Old 10-10-2009, 05:56 PM
whatever gets you through

i want to see it - but i imagine it won't come near me and i'm not sure its worth a trip

Tags
paranormal activity, scary