Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Seven Samurai (1954)

An undeniable treasure of world cinema. Still not a bit less than admirable & amazing as it was on first time viewing.

>>: A+
Old 12-02-2009, 04:24 AM
Bad Natured

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Seven Samurai (1954)

An undeniable treasure of world cinema. Still not a bit less than admirable & amazing as it was on first time viewing.

>>: A+
Absolutely!!!
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:42 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Busty Asians #26

oh wait - is this the horror forum ?
Old 12-03-2009, 04:01 AM
Bad Natured

Zatoichi Meets Yojimbo (1970). Expecting this to be awesome, it turned out to just be decent. Zatiochi's character was too goofy here to be believable. The fights scenes were overly chaotic, and Zatoichi's fights just seemed unrealistic. Mifune as Yojimbo was the best part, though he definitely wavered a bit from the original Yojimbo character. For comedic relief this was a pretty fun movie, but it is definitely more entertaining that artistic. Maybe that was the point. The story itself was pretty good though a tad complicated. At nearly two hours, they could have easily trimmed it up to better effect. Either way, though not my favorite Zatoichi flick, it is still probably a must see for any Zatoichi or Mifune fan. Ashe.
derek

Old 12-04-2009, 12:52 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Wild card" 5/10

Boring crime flick.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:46 AM
Bad Natured

Dragon Tiger Gate (2006). Pretty fun modern Kung Fu flick with some incredible fight scenes. While the story may not be deep, as it was taken from a comic series why should it be? Instead, this was a highly entertaining movie with some stylized action in front of many stunning backdrops. Ashe.
d

Old 12-07-2009, 04:34 AM
Bad Natured

Thirst (2009). This movie was another top notch flick by Chan-wook Park that just seemed to lack something. While i found every scene to be executed perfectly, and with great acting, nice cinematography, great direction, as well as plenty of sex and gore, i still found myself wondering how much longer it was going to be. The last third picked up a bit in interest and at least held my attention until the end. The ending, while taking a little too long, was pretty decent. Thinking back, it seemed that movie had everything but that subtle force that drives a movie forward. Still a must see for any fan of Asian cinema, this had so much potential but it somehow lost its punch. Ashe.
derek

Old 12-08-2009, 04:20 AM
Bad Natured

Iron Monkey (1993). Apparently this wonderful Kung Fu flick was retranslated and re-presented at the behest of Tarantino. If so, then thank you, cuz this was one fun movie. Starting out almost too goofy for me, it wound up being a light-hearted yet beautiful Robin Hood Kung Fu comedy with fight scenes that were perfectly over the top. Absolutely enjoyable entertainment. Ashe.
derek

Old 12-09-2009, 04:09 AM
Bad Natured

Ringu 0 (2000). A little less ambitious than Ringu 2, i went away from this one feeling more competent than confused. More of a psychological thriller than a horror flick, its atmosphere was still genuinely creepy. The story itself was well crafted. The audio was such that some rather mundane sounds were explicitly heard, giving the sense of actually being present in some scenes. Of course the direction was awesome, and the acting was again top notch. In fact, the whole experience was great. i will probably have to watch the whole series again in a serial fashion to fully understand the trilogy, especially the second installment. Ashe.
d

Old 12-10-2009, 04:35 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho d View Post
Thirst (2009). This movie was another top notch flick by Chan-wook Park that just seemed to lack something. While i found every scene to be executed perfectly, and with great acting, nice cinematography, great direction, as well as plenty of sex and gore, i still found myself wondering how much longer it was going to be. The last third picked up a bit in interest and at least held my attention until the end. The ending, while taking a little too long, was pretty decent. Thinking back, it seemed that movie had everything but that subtle force that drives a movie forward. Still a must see for any fan of Asian cinema, this had so much potential but it somehow lost its punch. Ashe.
derek
Those are my my concerns about the movie... HOWEVER, I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to see it. I have it at home from Netflix but the boyfriend has very little interest in seeing it. :(

Join my Facebook Horror Group!