Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-04-2008, 11:50 AM
She's under the stairs

Step Brothers

It was a lot more fun than I expected.. Still it did make me feel stupid though.
So much better than that Blades of steel pile of crap..

7/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 12-04-2008, 11:56 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease View Post
Step Brothers

It was a lot more fun than I expected.. Still it did make me feel stupid though.
So much better than that Blades of steel pile of crap..

7/10

Heathen bastard..
Old 12-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

I watched the 1st 6 episodes of Happy Days Season 1.
Then a couple of episodes from Battlestar Gallactica S1

we bought a 32" LCD for the bedroom so i've been checking it out with my son - who is recovering from pneumonia.... both of us watching TV stretched out on the bed like a couple of slackers.

oh - i watched most of Zombie Strippers too.

i thought it was awful. not even remotely funny. by the time something that i thought could have been funny came along (the pingpong balls) i was numb and could care less. i think the writers were thinking that they wrote a very clever screenplay - but they didnt - it was obvious and dull. i dont care if it was meant to be - it wasnt excecuted well at all.

i was even bored by the nudity ... which was pretty shy for a movie about strippers.

Robert Englund was his usual over acting self - non of the retraint he showed in Monster Slayer.

i probably have about 15 minutes to go .. but i dont know if i'll ever be bothered to finish it. I'm more interested in the commentary - i want to hear them try to explain this mess.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
I watched the Big Lebowski for the first time. Now I want a White Russian and to go bowling =)
Old 12-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Evil Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
I watched the Big Lebowski for the first time. Now I want a White Russian and to go bowling =)
You're out of your element! :D

Resident Evil Degeneration: Not bad. The CGI was really impressive. Kind of hard to get into the characters but I enjoyed anyways. I liked it more than any of the trilogy. 7/10
Old 12-04-2008, 08:46 PM
mostly ghostly?

Shadows (1959)

While not my favorite Cassavetes venture, it's certainly worth the watch, and then some.
A jazz-like narrative that flows through music, family, love, sex, racial issues, dissatisfaction, unhappiness, and music, all through the filter of the late-50s New York beat scene.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Cranky

Art School Confidential

Wonderful little indie film that manages to be murder mystery, satire of the art world, young romance- all at the same time, and all effectively. One of the best mixes of comedy and drama I've seen with spot on performances from John Malkovich, Jim Broadbent, Steve Buscemi (in a role that's strangely incredited, as it's a fairly major role) and many others.

Really fun film.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 12-05-2008, 02:56 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
oh - i watched most of Zombie Strippers too.

i thought it was awful. not even remotely funny. by the time something that i thought could have been funny came along (the pingpong balls) i was numb and could care less. i think the writers were thinking that they wrote a very clever screenplay - but they didnt - it was obvious and dull. i dont care if it was meant to be - it wasnt excecuted well at all.

i was even bored by the nudity ... which was pretty shy for a movie about strippers.

Robert Englund was his usual over acting self - non of the retraint he showed in Monster Slayer.

i probably have about 15 minutes to go .. but i dont know if i'll ever be bothered to finish it. I'm more interested in the commentary - i want to hear them try to explain this mess.
Admit it...you bought it for Jenna Jameson and she looks like an old hag in this one. :D

She is the female Peter North alright. Bleh...nothing about her is "sexciting" anymore.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:19 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Art School Confidential

Wonderful little indie film that manages to be murder mystery, satire of the art world, young romance- all at the same time, and all effectively. One of the best mixes of comedy and drama I've seen with spot on performances from John Malkovich, Jim Broadbent, Steve Buscemi (in a role that's strangely incredited, as it's a fairly major role) and many others.

Really fun film.
I love that movie.

I think I need to have a Steve Buscemi movie festival. Ghost World, Fargo, Art School Confidential and Reservoir Dogs of course, Big Lebowski maybe. I think I will actually go through with this plan because there are so many good choices.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:33 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
The Fountain

Breathtaking. Can't believe this has been sitting on my shelf unwatched for so long...thanks for the recommendation _V_!