Old 02-17-2013, 09:50 AM
No, fuck YOU

"Stitches" 7/10

A clown returns from the grave, summoned by clown worshiping clowns, to revenge his death caused by a bunch of children.

Yea... it's crazy.

Had its funny moments and some imaginative kills. The death by umbrella being almost art. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
By Thor! He is watching cartoons!! :rolleyes:

:D
Hey, only that one and Family Guy.

There are parallels to be drawn.

Last edited by _____V_____; 02-17-2013 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:54 AM
For Vendetta

Misleading title, although Washington is brilliant in his portrayal of a guilt-stricken alcoholic pilot. I thought the film was at least 30 minutes too long and contained sequences which were unnecessary for the premise.

Despite what anyone says, I am a huge fan of the video-game series and an ardent lover of the original film. Needless to say, I simply loved this sequel! Can't get enough of this surreal, nightmarish vision of the known world and the unknown ones of Silent Hill. I really, really hope they turn this into a good franchise (there are plenty of hints dropped at the end about where the story might go). At least it's got a decent journey ahead of it, unlike the Resident Evil franchise which has nose-dived to nowhere.

BTW, Pyramid Head rules! I am definitely getting the BD.

* * * ½
Old 02-17-2013, 01:31 PM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
I last saw Warm Bodies the day before my birthday. I had been reading the book as well and like always movies normally don't follow the book very well. But I've leaned to just sit back and enjoy the movies. I did like it, it was funny,cute,romantic, and not to mention full of zombies. Also a great mention of Lucio Fulci.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:29 PM
HDC's old chick

Silver Linings Playbook

Loved it. Highly recommend it. Loved the story, loved the acting. Of course DeNiro was brilliant, as was Bradley Cooper.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:18 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

Absolutely beautiful! Loved it.

>>: A

Would You Rather (2012)

>>: C+
Old 02-18-2013, 07:14 AM
Evil Dead

MAMA (2008) short

Just under 2 minutes and it was really well made, really creepy times, the Mama did look creepy, Good effect for really fast short ending was good,

Mama (2013)

Know this was going to be PG 13, i was afraid this would be this year The Women in Black PG 13 bore-fest, However this as put my faith back into PG 13 Movies.

As I found this more enjoyable then The Women in black and sinister put together and this movie but PA series to shame,

I thought this had some reallly good Jumpy scare in this movie I did Jump really early in the movie, this dose have some really good intense though tout the movie.

The movie flowed really well and it never once got boring at all and no scenes drag longer then should,

This movie did have some flaws here and there but they don't to much impact on the movie, I also did like effect of the of MAMA as you get a little to often, she dose not seem as scary as the movie goes.

I did find the MAMA bit more creepy in the short, she kinda of Ju-on-the Grudge Ghost and I wasn't really to keen on Soppy ending was not need at all, that part really left the movie down, While i felt really sad and I some people will find that very tearing.

For A PG 13 movie I thought was really good AS i did not expect to Jump at all in this movie and seen plenty of horror movies, (If was higher rated, i would have gave it lower score)
7 out of 10
Old 02-18-2013, 03:48 PM
No, fuck YOU

"The possesion" 7-8/10

Well made horror story, but i would've prefered to see less of the dad and far more of the possesed daughter.
And what's with the overly loud sound/music effects? More annoying than jumpy. Had to turn the volume down every time something remotely scary happened.

"Squirm" 6/10

Definitely the worst edited movie i've ever seen.
Doesn't take away it's quite entertaining tho, full of nasty creeps. Could easilly have been just as scary with only the Roger Grimes character roaming around. some of the scenes with him all wormy was actually quite creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

Absolutely beautiful! Loved it.

>>: A

Is it legal to be gay in your part of the world? :D

Last edited by _____V_____; 02-18-2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: back-to-back posts
Old 02-18-2013, 10:50 PM
For Vendetta

A completely different experience than the original.

It takes close to 40 minutes to kick-start this one and it's atmosphere, and what follows is a hurried, patchy effort to recreate the mood and pacing of the first film. The scenes which added to the horror in the original have been redone again in this one, but they don't induce any horror/terror in the least bit.

I glanced at the clock quite a few number of times, which usually means I was waiting for it to be over. Quite a shame really, when a needless, unnecessary sequel is made to cash in on the success of the original.

Avoid. (you too, Chronogrl)

* ½
Old 02-19-2013, 12:05 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post

Is it legal to be gay in your part of the world? :D
Come on, it was a great Children-Adventure with a backdrop of a beautiful love story. Didn't get what so gay about it?! Try to think straight, my friend.:D
Old 02-19-2013, 05:04 AM
For Vendetta

(guess I am picking up some bad habits from Angra...by Odin!)

Fun-filled, enjoyable little romp. If you are a fan of old-school gaming (8-bit Nintendo & Atari) and touching animated films (think Up! and Wall-E), then this one's for you. Highly recommended.

Tags
movie