Old 07-20-2018, 10:40 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

*sigh* I really don't want to move back to my small town in Georgia. I hate that place.

I hate rednecks, I hate trailer parks, I hate gnats, I hate Baptists, I hate bigots, I hate small town drama queens, and most of all I hate the fact that there is nothing to do in my hometown!
Old 07-20-2018, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
*sigh* I really don't want to move back to my small town in Georgia. I hate that place.

I hate rednecks, I hate trailer parks, I hate gnats, I hate Baptists, I hate bigots, I hate small town drama queens, and most of all I hate the fact that there is nothing to do in my hometown!
That's exactly why I moved out of Virginia and went cross country.. 2200 miles still doesn't seem far away enough
Old 07-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
That's exactly why I moved out of Virginia and went cross country.. 2200 miles still doesn't seem far away enough
Unfortunately I'm in no position to do anything like that. If I had things my way I'd be moving to Hawaii.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:12 PM
ventricle

Quote:

why do you say that? Your mom talking about moving back there? Where do you live now?

Old 07-21-2018, 06:28 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
why do you say that? Your mom talking about moving back there? Where do you live now?
I currently live in Florida, and my mom wants to move back to Georgia because my brother is having a baby and because her mother is having a lot of health problems. But I think it's mostly because she's homesick. I mean we don't even know anybody on Florida and we have lived here about 9 years.

But I grew up in Georgia and I hated it. There really is a lot of racism and homophobia that goes on in Georgia among other things. Plus like I said there's nothing to do in the town I grew up in. It's a very boring place. I wish we could move to Atlanta because at least there is fun stuff to do there!
Old 07-21-2018, 02:02 PM
ventricle

Quote:
I currently live in Florida, and my mom wants to move back to Georgia because my brother is having a baby and because her mother is having a lot of health problems. But I think it's mostly because she's homesick. I mean we don't even know anybody on Florida and we have lived here about 9 years.

But I grew up in Georgia and I hated it. There really is a lot of racism and homophobia that goes on in Georgia among other things. Plus like I said there's nothing to do in the town I grew up in. It's a very boring place. I wish we could move to Atlanta because at least there is fun stuff to do there!
Can you stay in FL without your mother?

Old 07-21-2018, 03:17 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Can you stay in FL without your mother?
Nope. I am completely dependent on her because she is my payee and caretaker. That sucks huh?
Old 07-21-2018, 05:11 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Nope. I am completely dependent on her because she is my payee and caretaker. That sucks huh?
I wouldn't say that arrangement sucks at all; obviously in most cases, better family than paying a company caregiver. Still, I would assume you know that is an extremely difficult and potentially treacherous choice you could make. Still, sounds like it would be great to spend more time with your brother's family. What sent you and your mom off to FL in the first place?

Old 07-21-2018, 05:38 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
I wouldn't say that arrangement sucks at all; obviously in most cases, better family than paying a company caregiver. Still, I would assume you know that is an extremely difficult and potentially treacherous choice you could make. Still, sounds like it would be great to spend more time with your brother's family. What sent you and your mom off to FL in the first place?
I guess it would be nice to spend more time with my family back home (the ones I actually like anyways).

And the reason we originally moved to Florida was to take care of my grandfather who is suffering from Alzheimer's Disease, but he is now living in a nursing home.

I guess there truly are worse people who could be in charge of taking care of me, but you don't understand how degrading it is to be 28 years old and not being able to make your own choices or live life the way you would want to live it. It really eats away at you.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 07-21-2018 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:37 AM
Evil Dead

Bloom where your planted.

Change is easy. It's havin' the stones to go thru with it is the tough part.

We all bear chains of limitation...some forged by our own hand, others by circumstances beyond our control. Some chains can be broken, or forge new links for yourself to existing ones.

Bigotry and religious zealotry? Hmmm pretty sure GA. is the only place that kinda thing goes on. those things are wide spread and deep seated across the whole nation....can't escape that.

All you can do is elevate your own consciousness..or read some Horror Literature as a mood enhancer.

Last edited by Dead Bad Things; 07-22-2018 at 10:40 AM.