Old 02-04-2015, 07:58 AM
No Tears Please...

Ive been back and forth on using kindle. I like the idea of releasing part of it and getting a feel for it. I might need to try that.

As for Horror novel, I love gore. Im a B movie fan and I like my horror to turn your stomach. I love "The Hellbound Heart". Clive Barkers CenoBites have always intrigued me. Other than that, I do most of my reading in the head so I really enjoy short story compilations.

Aside from basic horror, I got completely lost in the world of "The Dark Tower" Series from Stephen King. I have read those seven books three times all the way through.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:01 AM
CHILD OF DARKNESS

oooooo tricky question... i do love works by stephen king ESPECIALLY the old skool the shining. and misery.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:03 AM
No Tears Please...

Dr. Sleep was a great sequel to The Shining. I was worried it would be terrible.

Jacob, the bit you posted was fun, I enjoyed it. Is it in paper form anywhere? Whats the book called?
Old 02-04-2015, 08:06 AM
CHILD OF DARKNESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
Ive been back and forth on using kindle. I like the idea of releasing part of it and getting a feel for it. I might need to try that.

As for Horror novel, I love gore. Im a B movie fan and I like my horror to turn your stomach. I love "The Hellbound Heart". Clive Barkers CenoBites have always intrigued me. Other than that, I do most of my reading in the head so I really enjoy short story compilations.

Aside from basic horror, I got completely lost in the world of "The Dark Tower" Series from Stephen King. I have read those seven books three times all the way through.
i forgot about the cenobites.... they make me shiver a little lol
Old 02-04-2015, 08:23 AM
Paul

Quote:

Nice one Jake. I loved all the early King stuff: The Stand, Salem's Lot, IT, Misery, The Talisman (co-written with Peter Straub). Am just about to order Cell -- read it years ago, but fancy a reread due to the movie release soon!
Old 02-04-2015, 08:27 AM
Paul

Quote:
Dr. Sleep was a great sequel to The Shining. I was worried it would be terrible.

Jacob, the bit you posted was fun, I enjoyed it. Is it in paper form anywhere? Whats the book called?
Jake, I have 4 paperbacks available www.paulcavebooks.com
The links are to amazon.co.uk -- but I have a few reviews in UK.
I'll likely add links to US if I eventually have any reviews to show. ;-)
The books are also available via amazon.com - but I don't have
any say in pricing . . .
Old 02-04-2015, 08:29 AM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyFreddy View Post
oooooo tricky question... i do love works by stephen king ESPECIALLY the old skool the shining. and misery.
Ditto Freddy! Love King's early stuff. Have you read any Robert Mccammon? Swan Song, The Wolf's Hour, Gone South, Stinger. He's an excellent writer - all out of print now, but worth hunting down on amazon, ebay and such. :-)
Old 02-04-2015, 08:39 AM
CHILD OF DARKNESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobCain1971 View Post
Ditto Freddy! Love King's early stuff. Have you read any Robert Mccammon? Swan Song, The Wolf's Hour, Gone South, Stinger. He's an excellent writer - all out of print now, but worth hunting down on amazon, ebay and such. :-)
I haven't, i will have a look up on the old google and see what i think. thanks for the recommendations
Old 02-04-2015, 08:48 AM
No Tears Please...

I loved Cell. Im always intrigued by new takes on the Zombie genre. I own a whole bookcase of zombie books. Im praying that they do justice to it in movie form. There is one scene I have been dying to see play out on screen for years. The one where they drive the rig into the middle of the field of sleeping zombies and blow them up. That could be splendid on screen if they do it right. But I had high hopes for a couple of scenes in World War Z that they either completely left out or ruined.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:53 PM
I am the turtle lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobCain1971 View Post
Hi all,

I am a struggling author based in the UK hoping to reach out further afield.
I have over the recent months had a few FREE kindle promos, and done quite well in the US with number of downloads - yet have never come close to breaking into that market. For example, it's such a rarity for me to gain a review that when I do, I call for a National Holiday!

Does anyone have any ideas (experiences) of how to make an impact into the US market?

Also, please take a quick look at my album with book covers in, and, if possible, offer comments (good or bad) about style/quality/interest/etc . . .

Finally, may I ask how many of you really read FREE kindle downloads, or like me, do you still prefer a good old-fashioned paperback?!

All the best,

Paul
Now a days people just want vampires. (sigh)
There are many of us though that enjoy science fiction.

Tags
feedback, helpme, horror author