Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-24-2018, 06:44 AM
Evil Dead

The Bye Bye Man
Old 06-25-2018, 06:47 PM
Evil Dead

This was an open minded concept horror film..takes place in central MT....the villain is ancient...
One of the hooks in the plot was a shared dream.

The Triangle (2016)
Old 06-26-2018, 04:55 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things View Post
This was an open minded concept horror film..takes place in central MT....the villain is ancient...
One of the hooks in the plot was a shared dream.

The Triangle (2016)
Is there a scene where one of the dreamers builds a MT landscape with their plate of mashpotatoes?

Old 06-26-2018, 05:18 PM
ventricle

The Conjuring 2
7/10

IMDB: "Ed and Lorraine Warren travel to North London to help a single mother raising 4 children alone in a house plagued by a supernatural spirit."

The film had some problems, I think many due to construction, as I feel there was some viewer fatigue with it's 2hr-14min runtime. The film opens with a segment from the Amityville (Horror) case, but I really didn't get how it related in any way to the rest of the film... certainly didn't seem to mesh well. At least the demon hunter Warren's got some face time, because it seems like a long, long time without them once the segment in London begins, which I think was rather weak.

Following along those lines, there's a demon nun that I was hard pressed to mesh with the London Enfield case, that is besides the fact the film just comes out and says it's following Mr Warren.

The London segment is actually from a famous case, called the Enfield Poltergeist. I found watching the actual local news and the psychical documentary film, from psychical researcher Maurice Grosse, to be more entertaining than Conjuring 2's pre-Warrens segment. Once the Warren's arrive, it's a bit more interesting and entertaining. But it's still just not as sharp as the first 3/4ths of the original The Conjuring.

I think the film would have benefitted by almost immediately featuring Maurice Grosse's research (based on the actual), who was played quite entertainingly by Simon McBurney. Then move the Warrens into town, and maybe even plot the two (Grosse and Warrens) against each other, and introduce a perceived fight for noteriety, which I think was the reality. Although we are to trust in the pure motives of the Warrens, I think it could have added an interesting conflict dimension.

Last edited by Sculpt; 06-27-2018 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:26 PM
病気の

The Devils Candy, 2015. 8/10

Old 06-26-2018, 09:06 PM
Immortal horror fan

Cure for Wellness -

I thought I posted about wanting to see A Cure for Wellness here after seeing the trailer. But I can't find that post. Anyway, after finishing the movie, I felt a bit disappointed. Perhaps even misled. I thought the movie would be a dark, psychological, lovecraft type horror movie. And at first it seemed like that. However, when a few other elements are introduced the movie became kind of jumbled for me. Like an odd horror fantasy movie mixed with old Universal Monsters type themes. But no where as good as it took far too long to get to the obvious twist if you could even call it that. This is a really beautiful movie to see though. I had to see if the locations were real as the early establishing location shots are incredible. The cast is pretty good too, it's just that the story lets them down. I thought from early on that this would be a movie I would own. But I don't even see myself watching this one again.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:16 AM
Evil Dead

Halloween 2 1981
Old 06-29-2018, 05:33 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Cure for Wellness -

I thought I posted about wanting to see A Cure for Wellness here after seeing the trailer. But I can't find that post. Anyway, after finishing the movie, I felt a bit disappointed. Perhaps even misled. I thought the movie would be a dark, psychological, lovecraft type horror movie. And at first it seemed like that. However, when a few other elements are introduced the movie became kind of jumbled for me. Like an odd horror fantasy movie mixed with old Universal Monsters type themes. But no where as good as it took far too long to get to the obvious twist if you could even call it that. This is a really beautiful movie to see though. I had to see if the locations were real as the early establishing location shots are incredible. The cast is pretty good too, it's just that the story lets them down. I thought from early on that this would be a movie I would own. But I don't even see myself watching this one again.
Interest piqued.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:56 PM
病気の

Gotti, 2018. 6/10

Old 06-30-2018, 05:21 AM
Evil Dead

Incident in a Ghost Land

Tags
movie