Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-17-2005, 04:54 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
This afternoon, I watched a great 40's mad scientist flick, The Monster Maker. Good, if predictable, plot...the acting was on par for the most part, and a bit better than expected from certain players. I thought it was great!

Now, I just got home from Fantastic Four, and I really cant see why everyone hates it. I thought it was great! Sure, there were some little plot wholes. Sure, Jessica Alba was TERRIBLE. Yes, they completly slaughtered the origins of Dr. Doom[But Ill let that slide cause he was still damn cool:)] And the script was bad too, but I think intentional. Ever read an old comic book? Case in point. The cast, in general, was good, with the exception of Alba. Way to young. Chiclas [sp?] was perfect, Gruffudd [sp? again] was pretty good, and Chris Evans was an awesome Human Torch. And as I mentioned, they slaughtered Doom's character/origins, but McMahon was still very good, and despite being massivly changed, the character was still damn cool [Espically at the end;)]

Overall, I was impressed:D
Old 07-17-2005, 05:06 PM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
This afternoon, I watched a great 40's mad scientist flick, The Monster Maker. Good, if predictable, plot...the acting was on par for the most part, and a bit better than expected from certain players. I thought it was great!

Now, I just got home from Fantastic Four, and I really cant see why everyone hates it. I thought it was great! Sure, there were some little plot wholes. Sure, Jessica Alba was TERRIBLE. Yes, they completly slaughtered the origins of Dr. Doom[But Ill let that slide cause he was still damn cool:)] And the script was bad too, but I think intentional. Ever read an old comic book? Case in point. The cast, in general, was good, with the exception of Alba. Way to young. Chiclas [sp?] was perfect, Gruffudd [sp? again] was pretty good, and Chris Evans was an awesome Human Torch. And as I mentioned, they slaughtered Doom's character/origins, but McMahon was still very good, and despite being massivly changed, the character was still damn cool [Espically at the end;)]

Overall, I was impressed:D

see, I didn't think alba's acting was bad. I just thought that there were a lot of other things wrong. The movie lost all footing with me at the bridge scene. Why did the IW have to go invisible to get the rest of them across to where the thing was? They just cut to them on the other side.. that was too much for me.

I agree with you about the intentional comic like script now that you bring it up.

BUT, wouldn't it suck if a comic was printed as though it had a few pages ripped out of it at random?

thats how the movie felt to me.

I'm just too bitter! haha I'm glad you enjoyed it though.:D
Old 07-17-2005, 07:00 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Beyond the Sea. Despite the fact that Spacey was too old for the role he really did manage to pull it off. Nice vocals. Of course, Kate Bosworth was just annoying.....and it was a tad sentimental for my taste. But pretty good overall, I guess, particularly if you are a Bobby Darin fan. I know next to nothing about him myself.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Fascist Zombie

Send a message via AIM to TheOmen
What Have You Done To Solange? Incidentally, I highly recommend it. A top notch 'Giallo'.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by hellboy
But you like his music?:eek:
Not particuarly,I don't really have much of an opinion either way, the only reason I watched the movie is that I am a Kevin Spacey fan and I watch every film that he is eventually.....:p
Old 07-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Oh well, you almost made a friend.:(
What you won't be my friend now? Well that's just fickle....:p
Old 07-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Scares Little Kids

Last film I watched was Dario Argento's Sleepless. Although the disc started skipping so only watched about half of it. Pretty shit anyway so weren't too bothered.

Last full film I watched was probably Southern Comfort. Good film.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:06 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Only if you listen to Mack The Knife 5 times in a row.:D
Trying to turn me into a fan or just make me suffer?:D

I kid, I kid.....:p

Can't sleep, so I am watching Stand By Me right now.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by feral cat
Into the mirror ... pretty good horror from Korea
...tell that to Angra :)

"Cherry Falls"...pretty good slasher ....reminded me of "Valentine" which I know many people hate....

"Once Upon a Time In Mexico".....again.....this time with commentary by Robert R.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:54 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally posted by slasherman
...tell that to Angra :)

"Cherry Falls"...pretty good slasher ....reminded me of "Valentine" which I know many people hate....

"Once Upon a Time In Mexico".....again.....this time with commentary by Robert R.

They all sucked! I liked Depp though.... As usual. :cool: