Old 12-28-2008, 06:39 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomstranger View Post
"The Mole People" (1956?)

Hysterically funny (it's not suppose to be but it is) monster movie from the mid 50's. Not great but worth the watch
Watched that one recently myself - who knew Alfred from the 60's Batman could be so evil? :D
Old 12-30-2008, 02:10 AM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanManiac View Post
I must say I have only seen one classic horror film :( Im a young one I have only seen night of the living dead I have the black and white one on dvd. When I was about 5 or 6 my dad always watched it because it was filmed around here and now i'm a proud owner of it and it was only 6 buck. Can anyone point me into the direction on some good ones ? Thanks.
Night Of The Living Dead is an easy one to get a hold of. I have 3 copies of it :P. I bought a boxset in a discount shop of 20 horror movies, one of them was Night and there's some other classics like White Zombie and Little Shop Of Horrors on it. I live in Australia so I don't know if that box would be distributed down Pittsburg way :P.

In 2004 Universal Studios released The Universal Classic Monster Collection- that series contains some awesome titles like Dracula, Frankenstein, Bride Of Frankenstein and The Mummy. At the same time Universal released three Legacy Collections containing films from the 30s and 40s. Dracula, Frankenstein and The Wolf Man Legacy collections were released. Hopefully these titles are still available on E Bay.

Good luck collecting some classics.

Searching for an Ingrid Pitt look-alike ANYWHERE :P.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:17 AM
Undead

Today I watched City Of The Dead, featuring Count Dooku himself, Christopher Lee. A beautifully shot little horror film. I have a theory that this movie was an infulence on the first Silent Hill game.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:13 PM
~¤Nevermore¤~

Little Shop of Horrors.

There were days when nobody knew Jack Nicholson, till he got noticed in Corman films.
And the Autumn moon is bright."
Old 12-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Undead

Little Shop Of Horrors is awesome.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
One of the creepiest movies ever, and in some ways I consider it Peter Lorre's best performance...

...naw, how can I say that. That goes to Casablanca. Or maybe Arsenic and Old Lace. Or- oh nevermind.

But anyway, it's worth it!
I love Peter Lorre in Arsenic and Old Lace. Hell, I just love the movie itself.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Tenant

Bedlam (1946)

One of Val Lewton's weaker films, sluggishly paced and directed my Mark Robson. The movie never quite ignites, though it is chock full of good ideas and scattered chills. The biggest problem lies in its cast; Karloff aside, the rest of the actors are unappealingly dull, and Anna Lee fills only the pompous side of her character, never attaining a sympathetic dimension. Worse is Richard Fraser- the Quaker- whose characterization is flat as a board. However, there is enjoyment to be had, and to watch Karloff at play in an infinately gorgeous 18th century asylum is a joy. There is no doubt that even the less spectacular entries in Lewton's career are still admirable pictures.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:11 AM
I will eat you flesh

Freaks

Well I watch Freaks and Boris Karlof Bedlum last night some of my fave films ever...

Seen nealy all the freak remakes and none have the same shockin value of the original...
Old 01-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Evil Dead

Dr.Syn alias The Scarecrow, (A.K.A. The Scarecrow Of Romney Marsh)

R.I.P. Patrick McGoohan
Old 01-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
I've never caught that one. Is it as good as Night Creatures?