Old 02-08-2012, 02:14 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Some Guy Who Kills People (2011)

Ken Boyd, a recently released mental patient who suffers from depression and post-traumatic stress disorder from severely traumatic bullying in high school. As a new romance, an unsympathetic mother, and a surprise appearance by his 11-year-old daughter all combine to ratchet his stress levels higher, Ken’s bullies are systematically and brutally murdered. Some Guy Who Kills People unfolds in grisly yet humorous fashion, but also with an undeniable sweetness.

A beautiful dark comedy. Besides involvement of John Landis as executive producer, the film also comes with a good cast. Particularly Karen Black & Barry Bostwick (as Sheriff) were great treat to watch but that little girl...Amy, played the daughter of Ken, did an excellent job also. Recommended.

>>: B+

Stand by Me (1986)

>>: A-
Old 02-08-2012, 03:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
No way. The film was subtle and I dug how the cast didn't rely on their usual typecasting to pull off a great film. It was all class IMO.

I can very much respect your point. I went in to it expecting the regular Black/Martin/Wilson type comedy and it just wasn't it. I do, however think it was an excellent attempt at them breaking away from their normal comedic performances.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:08 AM
For Vendetta

The scares were good and nicely spread throughout, the story/script was solid (considering it was adapted from a bestseller) and the cinematography was profoundly detailed. Yet, there was something missing - a spark which failed to ignite till the end. Maybe it was because I was seeing too much of Harry Potter in Radcliffe, or maybe Radcliffe was overdoing the scary stuff (bump - wide-eyed - sneaking around slowly - checking source of bump - repeat), or maybe the jumpy scares bit, having been overdone in too many recent films, have lost their effect somewhat.

Or maybe I have become a bit jaded.

I might rewatch it in the future to appreciate it a bit more. For now, I was entertained but certainly not impressed.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Banned

Fright Night [2011]

did not capture the charm of the original but not a bad movie.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:29 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Footlose" (2011) 8/10

It was good. In many ways it kept very true to the original but still managed to add some new elements that i appreciated. The "death" theme especially, which made it darker in between all the lighthearted parts that we know from the original.

And another thing. They couldn't have found a more fitting actor to play Chris Penn's Willard than Miles Teller. :)

"Bad Teacher" 3-4/10

Not very funny and they couldn't have made the ending more wrong. Diaz should've ended up getting AIDS.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistinas666 View Post
I can very much respect your point. I went in to it expecting the regular Black/Martin/Wilson type comedy and it just wasn't it. I do, however think it was an excellent attempt at them breaking away from their normal comedic performances.
Yeah I can see why you'd be a bit disappointed. The studio seemed to really fuck up the marketing with this one. They seemed to have duped a lot of people into seeing it on false pretences. More of a feel good drama with subtle comedic elements than a all out OTT laughfest like people were expecting.

---------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Diaz should've ended up getting AIDS.
:D

LOL

--------------

Insidious

Not bad at all... well aside from the ridiculous looking Darth Maul demon. What the fuck were they thinking with that one? Killed it for me to be honest. Nice take on the Poltergeist formula. Studios would be better off "borrowing" story-lines like this than making straight up remakes. But yeah that fucking demon :rolleyes:
Old 02-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Son of No One (2011)

I don't understand how the hell they managed such a cast for this awfully dull & lame cop-drama?!?

>>: D

The Wicker Tree
(2011)

The premise was almost similar to its successor & there were one or two moments that have even comes & goes like with a classic 70's vibe. But for almost first 60 minutes it was like a non-suspenseful Britt drama that has been advertised or promoted as a horror/thriller. Sir Christopher Lee's very brief cameo even failed to deliver a nostalgic tone in this disappointing, Cash in effort. The cast was decent but the story, major characters, the comedic elements and the way everything unfolds were quite lackluster in compare to the 1973 cult classic. Instead setting the story about a young American couple from Texas travels to Scotland & finally to the island to spread the word of Christ; now it seems it'd even better to tell a (prequel) story of that missing girl of the original about what happened to her in a gripping & suspenseful fashion...though that would even be an unnecessary thing & would straightway consider another cash in effort but at least could be bit more watchable (like the way they done The Thing prequel) than this. Anyway, on the final note I'd suggest, the ardent fans of the original can skip this without a hesitation.

>>: C-

Sand Sharks (2011)

I knew what this was going to be...ridiculously stupid & funny and it neither exceeds nor disappoints my expectations. Forget about the 'Sharks' with poorly done CGI, at least some gOOd lOOking chicks in the small cast were watchable.

>>: C

Last edited by roshiq; 02-09-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Insidious

Not bad at all... well aside from the ridiculous looking Darth Maul demon. What the fuck were they thinking with that one? Killed it for me to be honest. Nice take on the Poltergeist formula. Studios would be better off "borrowing" story-lines like this than making straight up remakes. But yeah that fucking demon :rolleyes:

Yeah I can see why you'd be a bit disappointed. The studio seemed to really fuck up the marketing with this one. They seemed to have duped a lot of people into seeing it on false pretences. More of a feel good drama with subtle comedic elements than a all out OTT laughfest like people were expecting.

---------------

:D

LOL

--------------
That demon was awesome. At least someone was bold enough to personify a nightmare-esque demon than just make someone's possessed eyes roll back and talk funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real

Last edited by _____V_____; 03-06-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Original post reinstated.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:28 AM
Love is like dying

fragile, avarage movie but ok. 4/10
Old 02-09-2012, 09:42 AM
For Vendetta

Couple of anthologies to keep the horror mood going.