Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies

Old 10-05-2015, 05:00 AM
Movie Mad

Send a message via ICQ to SatManUK Send a message via Yahoo to SatManUK Send a message via Skype™ to SatManUK
Horror is Taking Over 2016 - 4 of the most anticipated Horror Movies in 2016

Hi might be hard to admit but 2016 is almost upon us (I know we still have Halloween, Thanksgiving (for some) and Christmas yet but is it too early to look at 4 of the best movies coming next year?

1) Remake of I know what you did last summer - does it need a remake really?

2 ) Chain Saw Massacre prequel Leatherface how many more movies can they drag out of this franchise - they have rebooted it, remade it, sequels and now a prequel there isn't much more they can do with it is their? Is a sequel to a prequel just the orignal?

3) Friday 13th (orignally planned as a found footage movie now looks more like a prequel).

4) The Purge was a dissapointment, The Purge 2 was much better - what can we anticipate for The Purge 3?

What movies would you add to this list for next year?
Old 10-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Evil Dead

*says they're the most anticipated movies of the year*
*says they're mostly unnecessary*

???
Old 10-06-2015, 01:12 AM
Movie Mad

Send a message via ICQ to SatManUK Send a message via Yahoo to SatManUK Send a message via Skype™ to SatManUK
Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
*says they're the most anticipated movies of the year*
*says they're mostly unnecessary*

???
Well I found them on a website saying they were the most anticipated but I agree they are also somewhat unnecessary all are remakes prequels or sequels we don't really need. Woll you watch them anyway?
Old 10-06-2015, 03:52 AM
Scares Little Kids

I'm looking forward to watching "The Purge 3"
Old 10-06-2015, 05:07 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatManUK View Post
Well I found them on a website saying they were the most anticipated but I agree they are also somewhat unnecessary all are remakes prequels or sequels we don't really need. Woll you watch them anyway?
I'll definitely see The Purge 3. I'm a big fan of the other two. I'll see IKWYDLS because Mike Flanagan is directing it. I don't care about Leatherface and F13.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:27 AM
Hellraiser

there are way to many re-makes as well as dragging out the same movies with 2-3-4-5 more of them.... its just becoming awful for the most part.

we need more creative movies, with twists and different aspects of horror to keep the genre on its best, entertaining and messing with our minds.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:41 AM
Movie Mad

I agree - are they running out of ideas for new films - I am sure there are many budding authors out their who would love their scripts to become films, and I am sure they would also make good movies, why do they spend so much time draggong out remakes rather than making new franchises instead.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:40 AM
Banned

I want something fresh and original, not something that was done to death by the 90s and is now a remake series or something that was the same shit in the previous 2.

If Hollywood insists on sequels give them stories that deserve a sequel such as Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep" or if they want a series give the world his Dark Tower series or if they insist on remakes redo and continue Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles rather than just doing the same shit on repeat like a Roomba that got stuck in a corner.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:47 AM
That fucking Guy...

I'd have thought Saw 8 would have made some waves in a thread like this, in terms of highly anticipated but most likely not worth the attention.

In an interview with IGN on April 12, 2011, series creators James Wan and Leigh Whannell were asked if Saw 3D is truly the final Saw film. Wan commented by saying, "It is finished for now, but since it's such a huge, well-known franchise, it's gonna come back at some point." They were also asked what it would take for them to return to the films. Wan stated, "I would come back if we were allowed to do something different and really cool." Whannell expanded that by saying, "We would want to do something that was a bit of a different take."

Well, this would be good if they stuck to it...I mean I don't think there should be a complete deviation, but perhaps consider moving in a slightly different direction.
One that's not of a big reveal that John actually sawed-together a time machine, cloned himself into the present where he died, and found himself a cure, which de-ages him into his younger self, Doctor Gordon, places some instructions in his pocket, then works out a way to remove his memories and send himself back in time to a year before the events of the first film to become his own "perfect opponent" and end his own reign of terror. When he awakes, the camera pans up to see Zep looking down at him. No. They cannot do this.

Quote:
I woll.
Some of them anyway.

Didn't they already have a Friday remake not so long ago?
Can't remember it for the life of me.
It's one franchise that I'd like to actually see them do something new with, but in the right way - Maybe someone will crack what that is.
I might watch if I hear something remotely along these lines has actually happened, but I won't hold my breath.

I know remake - Well, I can imagine it being full of social media and incessant overuse of "modern" technology, smart phones, cams etc...I mean I'd hope not, but hey. Maybe they could set it in the actual 90's again, I dunno.
So it is a remake then, not a reunion type sequel?
Not sure what would be worse.

TCM - No, Well and truly done with it - and I think the last one was just...so fucking shit...I've said all I'm going to.

The Purge - Probably first priority among this lot for me.
Personally I enjoyed the first one quite a bit. It was limited in scope, perhaps claustrophobic but I think these things were used effectively - it was very tense, and just yeah average human on human/society breakdown is just something that hits home a bit more these days for me. Unsettling.

The second one I thought I'd enjoy more, but didn't.
Wasn't a bad movie. Just...it kind of did to me the same thing The Raid 2 did, but to a lesser extent than that - In that the first one was comparatively barebones and limited in scope, and the second one bought in more storyline and locations...and you think yep, that'll be good...then when you watch it, it's like despite the new flavour they bought into the action as it were, by adding more, something seems less...as though it didn't quite gel with the first one.
Don't get me wrong, I liked Punisher-Lite and his whole motivation.
Just, it didn't have me on edge at any point like the first managed to do.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 10-12-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:58 AM
Banned

I thought the Saw series turned to shit after the first one. If they left it alone after that it would have had more lasting power than it does now.

Tags
2016, found footage, hot horror movies, prequels and sequels