Old 08-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Nancy Thompson

The Den

What did you all think of The Den. It's a found footage film about a girl who witnesses a murder on a video chatting site. I thought it was scary. I'm seriously tired of found footage films but this seemed to do it just right
Old 08-09-2015, 04:15 PM
Evil Dead

This definitely isn't found footage. I call it laptop horror. I really liked it and thought it was scary.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:34 PM
Nancy Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
This definitely isn't found footage. I call it laptop horror. I really liked it and thought it was scary.
It was very scary. I remember hearing the scene where the webcam is hacked actually happened in real-life. Various people had their computers hacked and these hackers were able to view them through their webcams without them knowing.

The ending to The Den was pretty original in my opinion.
"Fool: Well I don't want in, I want out.
Alice: Sometimes 'in' is out." - Wes Craven, People Under the Stairs
Quote:
"I take back every bit of energy I gave you. You're nothing. You're $%^&." - Wes Craven, A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Ultimate Dream Warrior
Old 01-17-2017, 05:17 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Thats semantics really but i get what you're saying. Found footage typically implies that what were watching was recovered from somewhere like Blair Witch, Cloverfield, Cannibal Holocaust. But considering the days of finding grainy VHS tapes (The VHS movies not withstanding) are long gone, i would say it counts.

That being said i liked this, it had a good story and a cool ending and the "found footage" style actually wasn't annoying.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:56 PM
Nancy Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Thats semantics really but i get what you're saying. Found footage typically implies that what were watching was recovered from somewhere like Blair Witch, Cloverfield, Cannibal Holocaust. But considering the days of finding grainy VHS tapes (The VHS movies not withstanding) are long gone, i would say it counts.

That being said i liked this, it had a good story and a cool ending and the "found footage" style actually wasn't annoying.
The only new age found footage horror movies I like is V/H/S (2012), V/H/S 2 (2013), and The Den (2013). V/H/S Viral (2014) disappointed me and I don't consider it a part of the V/H/S canon. The Blair Witch Project (1999) was good, but not my favorite found footage film. I have yet to see Cloverfield (2008). Cannibal Holocaust (1980) was messed up! I heard they really killed a tortoise for that film. I love horror films but I don't condone killing off a living creature just to get a shot.

If it was in today's age, the found footage may be on a hard drive, Blu-Ray, DVD, or cloud storage. I remember Halloween Resurrection (2002) did a Live Stream kind of found footage thing, but please let's never discuss Halloween Resurrection, again. Resurrection and the Halloween movies thereafter have been terrible, in my opinion.
Quote:
"I take back every bit of energy I gave you. You're nothing. You're $%^&." - Wes Craven, A Nightmare on Elm Street
Old 01-17-2017, 08:51 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDreamWarrior View Post
The only new age found footage horror movies I like is V/H/S (2012), V/H/S 2 (2013), and The Den (2013). V/H/S Viral (2014) disappointed me and I don't consider it a part of the V/H/S canon. The Blair Witch Project (1999) was good, but not my favorite found footage film. I have yet to see Cloverfield (2008). Cannibal Holocaust (1980) was messed up! I heard they really killed a tortoise for that film. I love horror films but I don't condone killing off a living creature just to get a shot.

If it was in today's age, the found footage may be on a hard drive, Blu-Ray, DVD, or cloud storage. I remember Halloween Resurrection (2002) did a Live Stream kind of found footage thing, but please let's never discuss Halloween Resurrection, again. Resurrection and the Halloween movies thereafter have been terrible, in my opinion.
Cloverfield is great. You should check it out. Yes Cannibal Holocaust really did kill animals on film but if it helps, the animals were given to the natives for food so it wasnt wasted.

Agreed Halloween Resurrection was awful. The worst in the franchise before H2 came along. I enjoyed and respected what Rob Zombie did in the first half of the first remake but the final part really fell flat probably because of him humanizing Michael Myers, the one killer from that era who should've never been humanized

Old 01-17-2017, 09:29 PM
Nancy Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Cloverfield is great. You should check it out. Yes Cannibal Holocaust really did kill animals on film but if it helps, the animals were given to the natives for food so it wasnt wasted.

Agreed Halloween Resurrection was awful. The worst in the franchise before H2 came along. I enjoyed and respected what Rob Zombie did in the first half of the first remake but the final part really fell flat probably because of him humanizing Michael Myers, the one killer from that era who should've never been humanized
I love John Carpenter's response to what he thought of Rob Zombie's remakes. I agree with John Carpenter, too. The mystique of Michael Myers was gone in Rob Zombie's films. I personally don't care for Rob Zombie as a director.
Quote:
Old 04-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Evil Dead

I dug The Den. I blind bought, it not really knowing what to expect, and was pleasantly pleased.

Tags
found footage, horror, horror movies, the den