Old 11-14-2003, 08:12 PM
NAPOLEON_WILSON

Basket Case is a good obscure 80's horror film. Henenlotter always had a great passion for unconventional filmmaking tackling all sorts of real human issues such as love, fear, and addiction in his sometimes bizarre films. This film and Brain Damage are great examples of that. I love the new limited edition Brain Damage disc. Synapse did a great transfer and the fact that it's the unrated version adds some gory elements back in. You could label his films as cheesy but I could only partially agree with that. I find them "different", inventive, full of dark humor and overall entertaining. Anyone know if the Something Weird Video DVD for this film (Basket Case) is any good? I have heard it's a bad company but I want to buy this movie. Good choice in bringing up this film "avenger". I think 3 is the better of the sequels though I agree I'd only recommend the 1st.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:21 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by NAPOLEON_WILSON
Basket Case is a good obscure 80's horror film. Henenlotter always had a great passion for unconventional filmmaking tackling all sorts of real human issues such as love, fear, and addiction in his sometimes bizarre films. This film and Brain Damage are great examples of that. I love the new limited edition Brain Damage disc. Synapse did a great transfer and the fact that it's the unrated version adds some gory elements back in. You could label his films as cheesy but I could only partially agree with that. I find them "different", inventive, full of dark humor and overall entertaining. Anyone know if the Something Weird Video DVD for this film (Basket Case) is any good? I have heard it's a bad company but I want to buy this movie. Good choice in bringing up this film "avenger". I think 3 is the better of the sequels though I agree I'd only recommend the 1st.
The Something Weird Basketcase DVD is loaded with extras man. And you have the best screen name on here man.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:12 PM
NAPOLEON_WILSON

Thanks for the tip man and the complement on the name. I think my computer decided it wanted to send that last post twice. Wonder what that was...
Old 11-15-2003, 06:03 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by NAPOLEON_WILSON
Thanks for the tip man and the complement on the name. I think my computer decided it wanted to send that last post twice. Wonder what that was...
No problem man, like I've said in other threads, I'm a huge Carpenter fan.