Old 06-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex78 View Post
that movie really is the only movie i can think of that scared me. nothing else comes to mind. i was actually scared after that film. thats a very rare thing
It did nothing for me.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:59 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex78 View Post
that is the most disturbing sickest discusting film i own... i got it at the horror conventnion a few years back called flash back weekend in chicago. i had no idea what i was getting myself into. ill never watchin tha tmovie again, but it is a rare and classic.
Ditto I liked it because it was the most disturbing, sickest, disturbing film I've seen along with "Salo". I'm not sure I would watch either of them again either (despite having them on dvd) but only because they are so challenging to watch but I like to challenge myself occasionally so who knows.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:00 AM
Love is like dying

not been on for so long been dying to list some of my most hate.

cabin fever remake
the darkness
lights out (but i loved the short on you tube)
don't breathe
conjuring 2 (never liked any of these movies)
10 cloverfield lane (bored me from beginning to end)
the forest

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Scares Little Kids

I've probably done a fairly good job blocking out the worst of the worst, but I'll try to put a list together:

A Serbian Film
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
Jason X
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare
Halloween II (2009)
The Human Centipede III (Final Sequence)
Leprechaun: In the Hood (pretty much any Leprechaun sequel really)
Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation
Jaws: The Revenge
Hellraiser: Revelations
Cabin Fever (2016)

Keep in mind that there are plenty of bad horror films that I watched without really even caring to check out what the title was to it. These I just managed to remember.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:37 AM
Little Boo

Haha, wow people have listed some proper dross in here!

I agree with the guy who said Avatar, I thought this was a terrible terrible film. All special effects and visuals but a plot with not a shred of originality, formulaic and terminally dull.

I'd also like to mention The Prestige. I can't really describe why I hate it so much with dropping a big spoiler but few films have left me as angry & irritated at the wasting of 2 hours!
Old 01-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Evil Dead

Like 90% of the movies listed are just here because "they're boring."
Old 01-07-2017, 10:44 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Like 90% of the movies listed are just here because "they're boring."
Ya, one said Blair Witch (org) was boring. I thought it was one of the finest acted films, with natural dialogue. Oddly, I was more riveted the second time I saw it.

But heck, I understand the complaint in that it's three people walking through a forest without kill scenes, explosions, etc. If it's not meeting expectations, it'll seem boring. It's a bit like Rosemary's Baby in that respect -- if you're waiting for 'something to happen' you've missed the film.

Old 01-07-2017, 04:16 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Ya, one said Blair Witch (org) was boring. I thought it was one of the finest acted films, with natural dialogue. Oddly, I was more riveted the second time I saw it.

But heck, I understand the complaint in that it's three people walking through a forest without kill scenes, explosions, etc. If it's not meeting expectations, it'll seem boring. It's a bit like Rosemary's Baby in that respect -- if you're waiting for 'something to happen' you've missed the film.
I might have been the one to say Blair Witch Project was boring because it was. I'm all for a slow burn that builds up tension and suspense but BWP didnt do that, it was just three people walking in the woods with no tension at all.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:52 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I might have been the one to say Blair Witch Project was boring because it was. I'm all for a slow burn that builds up tension and suspense but BWP didnt do that, it was just three people walking in the woods with no tension at all.
Fair enough. If it bored you, it bored you. First time I saw it, I eventually became a little annoyed with the forest section (which is 80%). But after seeing it the second time, I realised my expectations ruined my first viewing.

Second viewing, I found it effectively building tension and frustration slowing beginning to boil over into conflict and cause disorientation, cause the forest was changing on them, etc. I was really into the characters. And then it moved to some pretty effective suspense and scares when they were getting messed with at night.

And then (you'll probably remember from the Best Decades discussion we had) I actually understood the ending (along with another member), because I missed some key info the first time around.

Blair has been a divisive film, with a high level of both high and low appreciation.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-08-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:25 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Fair enough. If it bored you, it bored you. First time I saw it, I eventually became a little annoyed with the forest section (which is 80%). But after seeing it the second time, I realised my expectations ruined my first viewing.

Second viewing, I found it effectively building tension and frustration slowing beginning to boil over into conflict and cause disorientation, cause the forest was changing on them, etc. I was really into the characters. And then it moved to some pretty effective suspense and scares when they were getting messed with at night.

And then (you'll probably remember from the Best Decades discussion we had) I actually understood the ending (along with another member), because I missed some key info the first time around.

Blair has been a divisive film, with a high level of both high and low appreciation.
Fair enough. I might have to give it a second shot. The first time i saw Black Christmas i hated it. But i watched it again this year and loved it