Old 10-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Opinions needed

I want opinions on Versus, Battle Royale and Cannibal Apocalypse. Please no spoilers. I haven't seen them and if I want to, then I have to buy them. Just let me if you think it's worth it or not.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:53 AM
Hellraiser

I haven't seen the other two, but "Battle Royale" is one of the best movies I've ever seen. I recommend that super-highly. I think "Battle Royale 2" is either out in theaters or will be, which means it should be available in DVD soon. I'm excited to see #2 after how good the first movie was.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:10 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Thanks for the help, anyone else seen the other two, Versus and Cannibal Apocalypse?
Old 10-05-2003, 03:03 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Thanks for the help, anyone else seen the other two, Versus and Cannibal Apocalypse?
I havent seen Versus but a friend of mine has and he said it was okay, nothing to go apes over though. I have seen Cannibal apocalypse AKA Invasion of the Flesh Eaters. I wont tell you the concept of the movie but it does deal with cannibalism ha Ha!! It is an okay movie I have seen better. I do recommend you getting some of Umberto Lenzi`s cannibal movies if that is what you are looking for.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Hellraiser

Versus

I personally thought Versus was great. I've been watching a lot of asian horror movies lately and out of them I have to say this is one of them that I enjoyed. It had a great plot, and it was quite amusing at times. The general quality of the film I'd give just an okay to though, but that's how it has been with most of the Japanese/Chinese movies I've seen recently. :) Hope this helps ya out Avenger, if anything I would say go ahead and rent it if you can, everyones styles differ so who knows whether you'd like it enough to buy. They had it for rent at the Blockbuster store I worked at, so I'd check your local one if you have one there.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Cryptkeeper

Re: Versus

Quote:
Originally posted by wyked
I personally thought Versus was great. I've been watching a lot of asian horror movies lately and out of them I have to say this is one of them that I enjoyed. It had a great plot, and it was quite amusing at times. The general quality of the film I'd give just an okay to though, but that's how it has been with most of the Japanese/Chinese movies I've seen recently. :) Hope this helps ya out Avenger, if anything I would say go ahead and rent it if you can, everyones styles differ so who knows whether you'd like it enough to buy. They had it for rent at the Blockbuster store I worked at, so I'd check your local one if you have one there.
That's what sucks about living in Kentucky, we don't get a lot of the foreign flicks at rental stores. Another one I'm interested in is Double Vision. The trailer looks very interesting and the visuals were great.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:35 PM
Hellraiser

OH man, Double Vision was great! That is definately a movie I would suggest you seeing. It's a pretty twisted movie, almost in an Event Horizon style (another one of my favorites) with a lot other things added in. A definate see!
Old 10-06-2003, 06:14 AM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by wyked
OH man, Double Vision was great! That is definately a movie I would suggest you seeing. It's a pretty twisted movie, almost in an Event Horizon style (another one of my favorites) with a lot other things added in. A definate see!
Oh man, that sounds awesome. I too am an Event Horizon fan.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:02 AM
Hellraiser

I think I'm the only person on earth that was bored shitless through Event Horizon. Then Paul W. Shit Anderson went and raped RE and now he is where he belongs, hated by all.

Anywho, I loved Versus, but keep in mind it's a samurai zombie/vampire gore-fest made on $150,000 in the middle of the forest.

Battle Royale is a film that just needs to be seen by everyone. Not only is it a great movie, but a perfect example of how fucking stupid censors are.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:25 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean1605
I think I'm the only person on earth that was bored shitless through Event Horizon. Then Paul W. Shit Anderson went and raped RE and now he is where he belongs, hated by all.

Anywho, I loved Versus, but keep in mind it's a samurai zombie/vampire gore-fest made on $150,000 in the middle of the forest.

Battle Royale is a film that just needs to be seen by everyone. Not only is it a great movie, but a perfect example of how fucking stupid censors are.
I left the theater with an adrenaline rush after Event Horizon. I can understand why you might not like it though. Oh, and a zombie/vampire gore-fest made on $150,000 sounds awesome. I'll have to check those films out when I get a chance.