Old 08-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Evil Dead

:D Thanks. Didn't want to mess up the feng shui of the forum, lol.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Masoch's mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo View Post
Thing that gets me is the people Hitler put in charge of the atrocities. Hitler didn't seem to have the balls to do it himself(or didn't want to take the blame later maybe) so he used people like Mengele to do his work for him.

In Mengele's case, he seemed to enjoy his work quite a bit.

Good read here:

http://www.auschwitz.dk/mengele.htm
Firstly, Hitler wasn't cleaver-he was merely a charismatic puppet at a time when Germany was still reeling and living in depravity after the first world war. He never actually ordered 'the Final Solution'. Although he encouraged his generals and propogandists (is that the correct word?) to come to the decision he wanted.
The Holocaust was truely vile, but the Turks comitted equal atrocities earlier in the Century when the wiped out the whole of the Armenian Nation-but this is rarely discussed.
The psychology surrounding the acts of the Russians, Germans and Japanese (and the Allies-we were not so lilly white either!), is fascinating, if sad.
I defy anyone to visit the Jewish Ghetto in Prague without reverting to tears and being overcome with humility and emotion. I cannot imagine what it would be like to visit any of the three death camps.
Ok rant over, dignity in tact! And I know this thread is wrong-but its also interesting:p

Last edited by Bastet; 08-09-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Evil Dead

I never said Hitler was "cleaver", or clever as most would put it.;) And are you saying Hitler wasn't in charge?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Masoch's mistress

Quote:
I never said Hitler was "cleaver", or clever as most would put it.;) And are you saying Hitler wasn't in charge?
I wasn't arguing with you :)
Hitler was in charge at the end, but his rise to power was very cleaverly crafted bu others. It was the skill of others combined with his charisma that allowed him to become as powerful as he did. I know he had a personal hatred of the Jews and a Love of Neitze's (bad spelling, I know!) philosophy, but those alone would not have been enough to enable him to become the powerful person he was.
It is well doccumented that he never actually used the words 'Final Solution', nor did he ever put his name or signature to any document related to it. xxx
Old 08-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Evil Dead

Agreed. I wasn't arguing with you either:) A terrible time in history for sure, but fascinating as well.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Masoch's mistress

Quote:
Agreed. I wasn't arguing with you either:) A terrible time in history for sure, but fascinating as well.
I didn't really take much interest until recently when I found that my grandfather was a Sailor involved in the Normandy Invasion-Can no longer watch Saving Private Ryan.:(
I do love the psychology of it all though and althugh it was the first WW and its precursors I studied, i found WWII interesting too; that is until my 13yr old asked me the other day whether I remember it personally!:o
I have also nursed survivors of the Death Camps, Bomber Pilots and Deasert Rats and their stories touch my hearts-although they are all gone now. Listening to their stories brought everything to life for me and seeing the emotions that it still created was at times heart wrenching.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain spaulding View Post
Well, how bout we talk about someone else that I have a great interest in. Lets go back a few years, to World War Two, and set the stage, in Germany. Adolph Hitler. From his rise to power, to his last days, in a Berlin bunker. I have just been interested in him, for sometime. I started collecting Nazi Germany items, long ago. Now, as to the concentration camps, that is a tender subject with most people, so I won't get into them. If you want to talk about them, feel free to send me a private message. This way we won't offend anybody who doesn't not want to hear about them. I myself am interested in them, for many reasons, same as Hitler, himself. I can recall hearing one phrase from one of the camps... "Break the body. Break the mind. Break the spirit. Sometimes mercy was shown to the children, and they were injected with morphine, so they wouldn't feel themselves being hanged. The one I like best is the court date with Judge Roland Freisler presiding... Roland was very loud and mean... There were three men accused of trying to kill Hitler. Well, big mistake. Judge Roland roared them down, whenever the men tried to speak. he finally had enough, and in basically, told them where to go. You can tell by tone in his voice, he was pissed, big time. After he was done, the men were hanged with piano wire. Most, if not all of his decisions ended up with death. That was a time indeed.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:33 AM
Foxhole Atheist

About 4 or 5 years ago I went to Krakow in Poland and went on a tour to Auschwitz and Birkenau concentration camps. Strangest and quietest place Ive ever been to.

You can still clearly see walls with bullets holes (in Auschwitz) where they use to line people up for mass executions and the area around the (destroyed) gas chambers in Birkenau you can see shards of human bone in the earth. Unpleasant place.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 08-10-2010, 06:56 AM
DIGITALLY REMASTERED

:rolleyes:
Old 08-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Masoch's mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse mac View Post
About 4 or 5 years ago I went to Krakow in Poland and went on a tour to Auschwitz and Birkenau concentration camps. Strangest and quietest place Ive ever been to.

You can still clearly see walls with bullets holes (in Auschwitz) where they use to line people up for mass executions and the area around the (destroyed) gas chambers in Birkenau you can see shards of human bone in the earth. Unpleasant place.
Heartbreaking.