Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-28-2013, 08:00 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Koontz_KetchumKid View Post
I am reading Bag of Bones at the moment, it's a little big but not really
(529 Pg.) and I'm almost finished with it. Just twenty or so pages left and I love it! Really like it.. Next book I have in mind to start reading is 'The Hunger Games' because I liked the tale of it alot, saw the movie. Thought it was really interesting. Not sure if it's considered horror, probably more of a Fantasy but I happen to like fantasy alot as well. But who knows, I have alot of brand-new books in my library that I haven't read yet so we're hafto see but as of now, Hunger Games just seems right for me to start next. I've also noticed myself wondering alot about another book of mine that i haven't yet gotten to read, called; 'Cycle of the Werewolf', by S.K. And this story is also in film 9Silver Bullet). lol my father raised me on that movie. That was our favorite. Also 'Monster Squad' haha, anybody remember that film?
I own a copy of both films.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Little Boo

I am reading North End at the moment. A horror story set on the London Underground.https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/205731. The best thing is it's free.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcher View Post
I am reading North End at the moment. A horror story set on the London Underground.https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/205731. The best thing is it's free.
You're reading your own book AGAIN? You said you were reading this back in August of last year.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 03-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Living Dead

Now That I've Lost You - Paul Edwards

Well written, great description and as it's a collection if short stories it's great for a bedtime read. Just read the first story and I'm impressed so far, he manages to get you seeing the characters in your mind so graphically in a minimal amount of time.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Wanna Join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post

Well written, great description and as it's a collection if short stories it's great for a bedtime read. Just read the first story and I'm impressed so far, he manages to get you seeing the characters in your mind so graphically in a minimal amount of time.
Sounds great. Always looking for good short story collections.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 03-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfear View Post
You never gave your take on Dracula.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfear View Post
Sfear its about £3 something on kindle, definately worth a look. The link to amazon is in the thread Now That I've Lost You by Evil Ed. Bout 3 threads down from this one :-)
Old 03-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post

Wow! Thanks so much, really pleased you're enjoying it! Hope you like the rest of the stories too.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Wanna Join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
You never gave your take on Dracula.
Oops! Sorry. I really liked it. I don't think it was the first vampire story ever written but I was impressed how well Stoker fleshed out the milieu, validating vampirism in one literary quantum leap as a genre if not actually creating it. And it was an excellent, exciting story to boot. (SPOILER ALERT!) The ways of killing a vampire didn't always seem to jive. Most of the time the required implement of destruction was a wooden stake but Dracula himself was done in with a Bowie knife.:confused: Something was said about sacred bullets being effective...perhaps the knife was forged in a dark corner of the Alamo.

Some people don't like Dracula but that's normal. Can't please everyone. But I wouldn't hesitate recommending it. Next Halloween I think I'll try Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE

Last edited by sfear; 03-04-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Living Dead

Gated by Matt Drabble. So far it's ok.