Old 05-06-2019, 09:31 PM
That fucking Guy...

Earthworm Jim

Title related, but more for attention.

Anyone heard that INTELLIVISION is making a new console of sorts?
It's called the Amico.
I know very little about it.

In fact the only two things I know about it;
*Very basic controller that may be more than it seems.
*An EARTHWORM JIM game, made by all of the original creators will be exclusive to this console - Here's hoping it's done in the style of the first two, rather than their poor transition to 3D.

So, here's a video...have yet to take a look at it myself.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:26 AM
Immortal horror fan

I read on one of the gaming forums that the original game artist is a real piece of crap. These days I don't support people or companies that have problems that they should not have. It's very easy to check wiki and see what's going on.

I do like that first game though.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:14 AM
That fucking Guy...

I've read something similar...but from what I understand (the little) it seems to be one of those retroactive, oh they said something like this years ago, we should be offended.
I could be wrong, but that's what this one looks like to me.

Man I loved the first game...the music, the cartoonish antics, the background art, the "almost piss ya off sometimes" difficulty.
It was one of platformings top 10 to me.

In truth I've never put in time to finish the original sequel...didn't seem to quite strike twice for me. Looked fine though.

but yeah, between this coming out, (love me some neo-oldskool 2.5D) and that I think it almost seems destined to me a fail/oddity, I'll be grabbing one of these strange things soon as I can.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:03 AM
ventricle

New retro Intellivision

I wonder if this has a big enough market for people wanting to play old simpler games? Maybe. I played the original Intellivision once or twice at a buddy's house. One was this sea military game. Seemed more complex than the Atari offerings. So strikes me as odd the more complex console would be the one to bring back the simpler retro games, as opposed to Atari.

I didn't have or follow Intellivision, but I didn't think it ever produced a game as advanced as Earthworm Jim. I see that came out in the 90s on Sega. So odd it's associated with Intellivision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I read on one of the gaming forums that the original game artist is a real piece of crap. These days I don't support people or companies that have problems that they should not have. It's very easy to check wiki and see what's going on.

I do like that first game though.
Who/what are you talking about? The creator Doug TenNapel, or artist Nick Bruty? What did you read? I did a little googling, but I don't see anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I've read something similar...but from what I understand (the little) it seems to be one of those retroactive, oh they said something like this years ago, we should be offended.
I could be wrong, but that's what this one looks like to me.

Man I loved the first game...the music, the cartoonish antics, the background art, the "almost piss ya off sometimes" difficulty.
It was one of platformings top 10 to me.

In truth I've never put in time to finish the original sequel...didn't seem to quite strike twice for me. Looked fine though.

but yeah, between this coming out, (love me some neo-oldskool 2.5D) and that I think it almost seems destined to me a fail/oddity, I'll be grabbing one of these strange things soon as I can.
OK, you guys are talking about Earthworm Jim, not Intellivision. From the video, did you get the impression, despite the advanced console, they were sticking with older retro games?

Old 05-15-2019, 01:58 AM
Immortal horror fan

Here is where I read the news originally.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom...-amico.114527/

You can search that site via other search engines. There are a few topics there. Plus the wiki on the guy. I just don't like giving money to people that support stuff not only that I disagree with. But stuff that shouldn't be a problem at all.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:00 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Here is where I read the news originally.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom...-amico.114527/

You can search that site via other search engines. There are a few topics there. Plus the wiki on the guy. I just don't like giving money to people that support stuff not only that I disagree with. But stuff that shouldn't be a problem at all.
Thanks for the link! I read a lot of the comments. Yep, you must be talking about doug tennapel. They accuse him of being "a ____", and a that, but no links. I did some of my own research, and I found a article that gives links, but doug didn't write what they say he said. I read a couple articles he wrote for breitbart (that they linked) and he just has some "conservative" views. He hasn't called on anyone being killed, jailed, physically attacked, or silenced. I might not agree with all or any of his views, but I find it weird there's anyone saying people shouldn't do business with him, or the people he does bus with.

You know, in a representative democracy the citizens are supposed to present and discuss differing views on governance, philosophy, morality, etc, and in the discussion people explore, lean and evolve on the complicated issues. This discussion process is essential. In debates people will take a side, even if they don't entirely agree with it, in order to learn get to truth. If we demonize an individual offering a view point, trying to ruin them financially, instead of countering their viewpoint, we destroy this essential process, and create 'civil war sides'.

Of course vocally disagreeing with views is going on both ways, and nothing wrong with people taking their business elsewhere. I think of not buying clothes from a company that poorly treats it's employees or the environment. I'm just a bit surprised it extends to a complicated assortment of common social views.

Last edited by Sculpt; 05-18-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:03 PM
That fucking Guy...

I mean...I just wanna play another EWJ game.
I couldn't give a fuck less if Hitler made it.