Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-28-2013, 04:31 AM
Immortal horror fan

Revival -

I forgot to mention that I'm reading this one. I'm a few issues behind. I'm going to catch up soon. It's a good, dead come back to life story with some mysteries going on. Some of you guys here might like it.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:55 AM
That fucking Guy...

I've been collecting that one, but usually if it's not already something I have on my lineup I'll read issue 1 then start collecting, reading it when it's over.
Looks good though yeah - can't remember what it's about now at all, but it obviously left some kind of positive impression that I'd want to read it.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:25 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I've been collecting that one, but usually if it's not already something I have on my lineup I'll read issue 1 then start collecting, reading it when it's over.
Looks good though yeah - can't remember what it's about now at all, but it obviously left some kind of positive impression that I'd want to read it.
The covers are really nice. I got it because of the whole Image Comics and horror thing. I didn't want to miss another Walking Dead.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:08 AM
Evil Dead

Just had my monthly five-minute fix of TWD.

I've been quite enjoying Negan ... he's entertaining and comes out with some great lines but the whole thing is really getting a bit old now. A real sense of disappointment when I discovered that ...

Hm can't find spoiler tags. Never mind.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:06 AM
Hellraiser

I'd say go and read some of the classics, like The Tomb of Dracula, brilliant series, Werewolf by Night is also very good. Modern horror comics, not quite as god in my opinion, Walking Dead is popular, but I find it hard to read as I don't like the art work that much. 30 Days of night had some good series, and I always like the quality the way the comic is made with IDW, some great painted covers too.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Scares Little Kids

Death Note
Old 10-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Immortal horror fan

I think I'm going to pick up Pretty Deadly #1. It looks like it might be a good horror comic.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:38 AM
That fucking Guy...

You want some good horror in comics?
Check out "Blood and Shadows", I think it's about the best horror title I've ever read.

I read through my regular bunch recently.
No huge standouts.
Though I also read through the last 5 issues of the current "Deadpool" run that I've been collecting, as it was a 5 part storyline called "the good the bad the ugly", I like to read those in a chunk.
Captain America and Wolverine feature as well.
All I can say is FINALLY...some actually dark, twisted, sad, and fucked up things are happening with this title - maybe the first time since the 90's series.
I'm sure they won't, but I really hope Marvel continues along these lines.
Reco'd.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:57 AM
That fucking Guy...

Read through "Avengers Arena" which is an 18-issue mini featuring some of the "younger" marvel characters introduced over the last decade.
Cast includes some New X-Men/Academy X, Avengers Academy, The Runaways and some newly introduced characters.

It's basically about an old (predominately) x-men villain called Arcade who kidnaps the young heroes, who all awake in his most recent iteration of "murderworld" which is like...his thing...usually theme parks of death etc.
Though he's had a bit of a power-up.

Anyways, one thing leads to another and the name of the game is for the protagonists to survive the lethal environment AND kill each other.
Yes. Similarities to Battle Royale.

Really a lot better than I thought it would be though, I enjoyed it.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Evil Dead

Just had my TWD fix with issue 117.

I thought this "All Out War" volume was going to be a bit of a yawn but so far it's been pretty enjoyable. Latest issue kicks off with a wonderful classic line and rant from Negan which made me totally forgive Kirkman for dragging this plot out for so long.