Old 03-16-2010, 05:33 PM
The Remake

I guess I don't personally MIND Ron Perlman, but I would definately have liked to have seen Mickey Rourke instead. I dig the whole "comeback" vibe he has been on. Anyways, whatever happened Ron Perlman and Bubba Nosferatu?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:25 AM
For Vendetta

The latest break is that Rose McGowan has been handed a role.

But, hang on - isn’t she supposed to be getting her own Red Sonja movie? So… is this a cross-over? Or does this announcement mean something else?

It was safe to assume either Robert Rodriguez or Rose McGowan would have departed the proposed Red Sonja film (for personal reasons you may not know about, though let’s not get into their private lives here). It also seemed likely that the film would collapse completely. Poor old director Douglas Aarniokoski, caught in the crossfire.

This new Conan casting is pretty much a final nail in this Sonja’s coffin. According to Variety, McGowan’s role in the picture won’t be as a mail-bikini clad she-devil with a sword but instead an “evil half-human/half-witch”. Her taking this role pretty much guarantees that all of that Comic-Con hype for Red Sonja a couple of years back was a complete waste time and energy.

It hasn’t been specified but fans are guessing this half-witch character might just be Salome from Robert E. Howard’s Conan story A Witch Shall Be Born, or at least a derivative. In that plot line, Salome is the bad-hearted twin sister of Queen Taramis. The witch overthrows her sibling and steals her identity to drive the kingdom into ruin. Or, on the other hand, there could be almost nothing in this new film that bears any resemblance to the original stories - at least that’s what some are fearing.

McGowan joins Jason Momoa as Conan, as well as Rachel Nichols as love interest Tamara, Stephen Lang as the big bad Khalar Singh, Ron Perlman as Conan's old man Corin and Said Taghmaoui and Bob Sapp.

Based on the Robert E. Howard books, the movie is written by Thomas Dean Donnelly & Joshua Oppenheimer, Sean Hood and Andrew Lobel.

Shooting started on Monday in Bulgaria, so look out for this in 2011.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:17 AM
For Vendetta

Character posters up - http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article...racter-posters

Quote:
"I live. I love. I slay… I am content." – Conan The Barbarian

The most legendary Barbarian of all time is back this Summer. Having thrived and evolved for eight consecutive decades in the public imagination- in prose and graphics, on the big screen and small, in games and properties of all kinds – Conan's exploits in the Hyborian Age now come alive like never before in a colossal 3D action-adventure film.

A quest that begins as a personal vendetta for the fierce Cimmerian warrior soon turns into an epic battle against hulking rivals, horrific monsters, and impossible odds, as Conan realizes he is the only hope of saving the great nations of Hyboria from an encroaching reign of supernatural evil.

Deftly adapted from the original works of Robert E. Howard and faithful to the mythology and psychology of his iconic character, Conan the Barbarian stars Jason Momoa, Rachel Nichols, Stephen Lang, Ron Perlman and Rose McGowan, and is directed by Marcus Nispel.