Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Scares Little Kids

I think that Slither was awesome. I remember going into it expecting nothing, but it was a pleasant surprise.
I actually enjoyed the Black Christmas remake quite a bit (I know that is a controversial subject.). I thought it had a decent amount of gore in it, and of course the incest scene was disturbing.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garthmanorgirl View Post
I think that Slither was awesome. I remember going into it expecting nothing, but it was a pleasant surprise.
I actually enjoyed the Black Christmas remake quite a bit (I know that is a controversial subject.). I thought it had a decent amount of gore in it, and of course the incest scene was disturbing.
I didn't get a chance to see Black Christmas. I'm sure I'll check it out on dvd. I wasn't all that impressed with the original, to tell you the truth. It some some good bits, but I feel it may be a tad bit overrated.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master View Post
I didn't get a chance to see Black Christmas. I'm sure I'll check it out on dvd. I wasn't all that impressed with the original, to tell you the truth. It some some good bits, but I feel it may be a tad bit overrated.

Yes, the original is overrated.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paws the great View Post
Yes, the original is overrated.
Maybe as far as the movie itself (which I still think was very good) but the contributions it made to the genre shouldn't be overlooked.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Maybe as far as the movie itself (which I still think was very good) but the contributions it made to the genre shouldn't be overlooked.

I agree, it is a must see for any fan of the slasher genre.It paved the way for " Friday the 13th" my favorite slasher flick.:)
Old 02-02-2007, 07:05 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Pan's Labyrinth
The Departed
The Descent
Thank You for Smoking
Crank
This Film Is Not Yet Rated
An Inconvenient Truth

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 02-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Evil Dead

I'm taking this question as "best movie of 2006", rather then "best horror movie of 2006" as the first entry entails. Out of what I have seen (NA dates)... I would say; Pan's Labyrinth, The Descent, Running Scared, and The Hills Have Eyes (being in some sort of order... Pan's is definately my favourite, but as far as the rest go...) for the darker films, and Little Miss Sunshine on the lighter side.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Undead

for me it is The New Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hills Have Eyes, Saw 3 was good too
Old 02-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't get enough gore View Post
i hated that movie but we all have our own opinions
I agree I hated V also. I think that the subject matter was a little to close to home. Glamourising terrorism as it did.

Besides, i have another bone to pick...No-one mentioned 2001 Maniacs..that film is great.
Some amazing gore scenes, lots of laughs and of course Robert Englund...c'mon, how could you pass that up?