Old 06-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Evil Dead

Revenge (2017)
I.M.D.B.
Never take your mistress on an annual guys' getaway, especially one devoted to hunting - a violent lesson for three wealthy married men.

Very enjoyable. Definitely worth a watch.
8/10
Old 06-14-2018, 11:17 AM
Penthouse Pauper

Mirror,Mirror- 1990.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:21 PM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller View Post
Mirror,Mirror- 1990.
GIRRRRL!
Old 06-15-2018, 04:10 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
GIRRRRL!
Boiiiii!!

No wait, that’s another movie..
Old 06-15-2018, 11:02 AM
Evil Dead

The Hollow Child
Old 06-16-2018, 07:47 PM
ventricle

Saw a couple documentaries on youtube…

Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance (1993)
8/10

Good documentary on the Oka Crisis that occurred 1990 in Quebec, Canada. Club de golf d'Oka, a golf course was going to add nine holes to the existing golf course, and luxury condos, further eliminating disputed lands of a Mohawk tribe community. Including background history, this is the story of their successful resistance. The lands awarded to the city of Oka included lands Mohawk cattle grazed and a Mohawk cemetery, but it's unclear if the new development intended to eliminate the cemetery.

The film won 18 Canadian and international awards, including the Distinguished Documentary Achievement Award from the International Documentary Association and the CITY TV Award for Best Canadian Feature Film from the Toronto Festival of Festivals.

There's an excellently created history of the lands near the 26 minute mark of the film. And I'd highlight from 26:30 to 42:50, where there's some expert doc film making in directing and editing regarding the background shots, sounds, transitions, and story telling.

Critiquing the film, I'd very humbly suggest the 2 hour runtime was unnecessary; as parts of the film, though chronological and oft vivid, were sometimes redundant in the story. I think there's a bit of viewer fatigue here, and a 90 minute film would have been more impactful.

Also, I was left a little unclear in certain specifics. Why was a 1986 the Mohawk claim to the federal Office of Native Claims, "rejected on the basis that it failed to meet key legal criteria"? Was it known if the developers were going to eliminated the cemetery? The film was released January 1993, but the ending of the film makes no mention that the developer's plans for expansion were cancelled. According to thecanadianencyclopedia.ca, during the crisis the Federal Government agreed to purchase the land from the developers for 5.3 million; and that "After the crisis had ended, the government purchased a number of additional plots of land for Kanesatake. However, these Crown lands have not yet been transferred to the Kanesatake Mohawk."

The War of 1812 (2011)
9/10

Excellent and entertaining documentary of the background and conduct of the War of 1812. It includes plenty of historical experts explaining the perspectives of the four main actors: United States, The Canadas, British Empire and Indian tribes; including war strategy, human impact and historical significance.

I watched the 2hr 33min version on youtube, where the creator edited out the commercials. PBS.org has the doc available for free viewing with a runtime of 1hr 53 mins, available in HD (https://www.pbs.org/video/the-war-of...-full-program/). I'm not sure there's 40 mins of repetition in the youtube version; there's certainly recap at the TV break transitions, so maybe the PBS is truly a complete version.

Last edited by Sculpt; 06-16-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:01 AM
Evil Dead

The Garlock Incident
Old 06-17-2018, 12:52 PM
Evil Dead

The Night Eats the World (2018)
I.M.D.B.
The morning after a party, a young man wakes up to find Paris invaded by zombies.

I enjoyed the movie, but the character kept having to create drama for himself by inexplicably doing dumb, dangerous things, which seemed out of character to his regular survival instincts. Those moments were frustrating and seemed needless when the danger could easily have been more external. But it was well made and the zombies were good.
7/10
Old 06-17-2018, 03:06 PM
Evil Dead

My Little Pony Movie 2017

Last edited by Amalthea_unicorn; 06-17-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:59 PM
No, fuck YOU

“Hereditary” 8-9/10

Not perfect, but I have a hard time believing a better horror movie will be coming out this year.

Tags
movie