Old 08-01-2011, 09:28 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Honestly, the more they release about this movie the more excited I get. This is shaping up to be amazing.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Wow! Now eagerly waiting for some alien footage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
The 3D film is shooting in both PG-13 and R-rated versions with a decision to be made later as to which version will hit theaters and all will be revealed on June 8, 2012.
I guess...PG-13 for theatrical release & if we get lucky then we'll see the R-rated version in the DVD release.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:07 AM
For Vendetta

While the entire plot has already leaked online, those of you who have covered your eyes can now breathe a sigh of relief.

The official Facebook page for Ridley Scott's Prometheus has been updated with a brand new synopsis that gives a very vague breakdown of the plot for the Alien prequel:

Quote:
"Ridley Scott, director of 'Alien' and 'Blade Runner,' returns to the genre he helped define. With 'Prometheus', he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race."
June 8, 2012 can't come soon enough!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:31 AM
cynical feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
While the entire plot has already leaked online, those of you who have covered your eyes can now breathe a sigh of relief.

The official Facebook page for Ridley Scott's Prometheus has been updated with a brand new synopsis that gives a very vague breakdown of the plot for the Alien prequel:

June 8, 2012 can't come soon enough!
Yea I'm really waiting for this movie.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:16 AM
For Vendetta

Ever since it was first announced that acclaimed director Ridley Scott would be returning to the sci-fi genre after more than 25 years away — 1982's Blade Runner was his last — to direct a prequel to his 1979 sci-fi classic Alien called Prometheus, the internet has been rife with rumor, speculation, and outright disinformation.

Screenwriter Damon Lindelof (Cowboys and Aliens), who came aboard to perform significant rewrites to the original script written by Jon Spaihts, has been the greatest source of information about the movie thus far, dispelling many of the rumors by revealing in June the origin of the movie and its relationship to Alien, and clarifying the roles Charlize Theron ("corporate entity") and Michael Fassbender ("a robot") will play in the movie in another interview in August.

Now that principal photography on Prometheus has wrapped, Scott himself has opened up quite a bit about the movie in a new interview with The Wall Street Journal, discussing the movie's theme, how the movie will tie in to Alien and what it's like to work with 3-D and CGI technology.

Speaking with the Journal's Speakeasy blog, Scott revealed that the reason he hasn't gone back to sci-fi before now is that he hadn't come across a script that he liked, but that Prometheus "developed and came out extremely well." He said that the theme of the movie is based on the myth of Prometheus, who stole fire from Zeus and was punished for it eternally. Scott said that the movie is about a "higher being" who steals knowledge of some sort and is punished "in perpetuity in a horrible fashion."

As far as tie-ins to the Alien franchise are concerned, Scott seemed to indicate that there will be a pretty major connection toward the end of the movie, with the last eight minutes of Prometheus evolving into "a pretty good DNA of the Alien [story]." Alas, 20th Century Fox confirmed that fan-favorite Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) will not have a cameo appearance in the movie.

Scott also said that he has "completely taken off into this cyberworld" of 3-D and CGI technology and that working on Prometheus has been "the best time" he's had "in a number of years making a movie." That being said, Scott still prefers practical filming as much as possible, versus "all the tricks, the toys" of 3-D and CGI technology.

Quote:
I’m a great believer in filming the real thing if you can and so I did a lot of building the real thing.
Scott also revealed to Speakeasy that he will definitely be following Prometheus with a return to the universe he helped create in Blade Runner and that the movie is "liable to be a sequel." Scott said that he is "quite a long way in" on the development of the movie, and that he's "close to finding a writer that might be able to help [him] deliver." Like Prometheus, the sequel will be an all-new story with an all-new cast, so don't expect to see Blade Runner Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford) trolling for Replicants.

Prometheus opens June 8, 2012.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:17 AM
From The Beyond

Exciting update-enjoying seeing how this is progressing.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:52 AM
For Vendetta

A part of the "Prometheus" trailer has leaked online (about 18 seconds) :-

(the video is not of very good quality, but it shows some very interesting stuff!)

Watch - http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o...eusfootage.mp4

A contributor to the film’s IMDB forum claims to have been shown the trailer as part of a marketing survey.

As well as his detailed description, he also mananged to get a few seconds of video. It certainly looks legit.

Here's what he described -

Quote:
“Trailer starts with a clip of Ripley from Alien and the words “What if the beginning” and then we see the mouth of the Xenomorph “Wasnt the beginning” or something like that. Then theres this shot of like a giant waterfall on some planet I don’t know what the planet was and a ship traveling to it.

Then we see like two cloaked people talking to eachother near the waterfall or something and theres a voice over from who I’m guessing is Noomi Rapace and she says something like: “A woman once told me a story of how man was created” then we see this giant human like creature thing (which im guessing is the Space Jockey thing from Alien but I’m not sure) Voiceover: “First there was the sun” and we see this giant oval alien ship covering the sky. Voice over ” And the sun said I’m alone and I have noone to shinedown on so it created man” and another shot of the giant space jockey thing. and then theres like shots of the crew on the space ship traveling to that planet

You see like a quick shot of Noomi Rapace and and the rest of the crew and a bunch of stuff is happening they’re all in their space suits running around with theyre flame throwers and stuff and theres this epic shot of this giant space station thing that looks like droid control ship from Star Wars Episdoe 1 falling down through the sky and the words

FROM THE DIRECTOR OF ALIEN come up and more shots of the crew in the ship running from explosions and stuff. Theres a shot of a green laser scanner thing running through a woman’s belly some more stuff then theres a quick shot of something bursting out from the space jockey thing.

And the last shot of the trailer is a close up Michal Fassbender in his space suit looking down at a kid face to face and he holds up a finger and he says “Big things have small beginnings” then the title comes up PROMETHEUS 6.8.12

I marked out at Fassbender that was a cool line, great teaser trailer it should be hitting theatres within the next month or so maybe I can’t wait”
Prometheus is directed by Ridley Scott, from a screenplay by Damon Lindelof, based on an earlier script by Jon Spaihts. The film also stars Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Sean Harris, Rafe Spall, Logan Marshall-Green, Patrick Wilson and Kate Dickie, and is due for release on June 8th, 2012.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:54 AM
For Vendetta

First images from Entertainment Weekly's November issue -

Old 11-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Cranky

Quote:
A contributor to the film’s IMDB forum claims to have been shown the trailer as part of a marketing survey.

As well as his detailed description, he also mananged to get a few seconds of video. It certainly looks legit.
Hope that individual got some satisfaction from their scoop. Four people lost their jobs because of it, and the research firm lost all the business from that studio because of the security breach.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-23-2011, 10:36 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Hope that individual got some satisfaction from their scoop. Four people lost their jobs because of it, and the research firm lost all the business from that studio because of the security breach.
That's awful.

I can wait for the finished product without seeking out speculative rumors and leaks.