Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 07:00 AM
whatever gets you through

i'm sure they'll tone down the american jingoism - probably give him a chinese partner and a british sidekick (maybe even a frenchman for comic relief).

modern hollywood has to hit all the global box office targets to make those millions
Old 07-04-2009, 08:42 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
i'm sure they'll tone down the american jingoism - probably give him a chinese partner and a british sidekick (maybe even a frenchman for comic relief).
Cap America meets The Green Hornet?
Old 07-05-2009, 09:47 AM
For Vendetta

Jessica Biel is reportedly the frontrunner to play the god of thunder's love interest in Marvel's forthcoming Thor movie.

According to Nuke the Fridge, the Blade: Trinity and I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry hottie is in talks to join the Kenneth Branagh-directed film.

The site claims "Biel will play the love interest of Thor. The most probable love interest for Thor would more than likely be Jane Foster, a nurse and girlfriend of Thor alter ego Donald Blake. But the problem is that our source was not sure of the character's name, but seemed to believe it was the same female character from the animated Hulk vs Thor."

The site continued, "If that is the case, since Jane Foster was not in the animated movie, Biel is more than likely playing either Amora, The Enchantress or Sif. Those characters did appear in Hulk vs Thor. The Enchantress is a powerful sorceress who seeks to make Thor fall in love with her. When Thor rejects her for Sif, an Asgardian warrior whom Thor falls in love with, The Enchantress helps Loki in his plot against Thor."
Old 07-05-2009, 11:52 AM
whatever gets you through

she's my love interest and i've got a big hammer for her

(ok, more like a small pair of pliers but still, i'll quote Odin if she'll just come over and get thundery with me!!)
Old 07-14-2009, 12:18 AM
For Vendetta

Marvel Studios has found its love interest for "Thor," tapping Natalie Portman to star opposite Chris Hemsworth in the comicbook pic. Portman will play an updated version of the Jane Foster character, a nurse who becomes Thor's first love.

In the pic, the actions of Thor, an arrogant Norse warrior, reignites an ancient war, and as a result, he's cast down to Earth, where he is forced to live among humans as punishment. Once there, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

Paramount will distrib the pic, helmed by Kenneth Branagh, on May 20, 2011. Production starts early next year. Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige is producing.

Portman's involvement in the pic had been rumored for months and she had long been the main contender for the female lead.

Portman, who is currently shooting Universal's comedy "Your Highness," under the helm of David Gordon Green, and will also star in Darren Aronofsky's supernatural thriller "Black Swan," will next be seen in Jim Sheridan's "Brothers," opposite Jake Gyllenhaal and Tobey Maguire.

She recently wrapped production on "Hesher," produced by her Handsomecharlie Films banner, and Don Roos' "Love and Other Impossible Pursuits," which she also executive produced.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:46 AM
For Vendetta

Incredible Hulk helmer Louis Leterrier has been discussing his future plans, with the Frenchman apparently keen to work with Marvel on a summer of Avengers movies.

"I'll tell you my dream" Leterrier told the LA Times. "To work with [Captain America director] Joe Johnston, [Thor director] Kenneth Branagh and [Iron Man director] Jon Favreau and make a triptych. We do four movies. We release them one a month for the summer. Or even every two or three weeks. And the whole summer would be Avengers summer.

"We do it the way they make television shows" he continued. "One story arc but told in instalments by different directors. So all of the directors that touch part of the Avengers world would do a part; we could make the movies shorter, maybe less than an hour and a half, and we use the same sets and save Marvel money. I would love to sit around a table with all of them a kick around the story. That's my dream."

In related news, Leterrier also revealed that he has been impressed by the pre-production work on Captain America. "I have seen some of the design work they're doing for Captain America and it looks amazing. It's a period piece and it looks like Raiders of the Lost Ark and with more gadgets... It's Raiders meets Rocketeer and Saving Private Ryan. It's going to be so cool."

So it sounds like Captain America is on track.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Um... Doesn't Triptych mean 3 pieces?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
No. It's a painting with four panels.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:08 PM
No redeeming qualities

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Incredible Hulk helmer Louis Leterrier has been discussing his future plans, with the Frenchman apparently keen to work with Marvel on a summer of Avengers movies.

"I'll tell you my dream" Leterrier told the LA Times. "To work with [Captain America director] Joe Johnston, [Thor director] Kenneth Branagh and [Iron Man director] Jon Favreau and make a triptych. We do four movies. We release them one a month for the summer. Or even every two or three weeks. And the whole summer would be Avengers summer.

"We do it the way they make television shows" he continued. "One story arc but told in instalments by different directors. So all of the directors that touch part of the Avengers world would do a part; we could make the movies shorter, maybe less than an hour and a half, and we use the same sets and save Marvel money. I would love to sit around a table with all of them a kick around the story. That's my dream."

In related news, Leterrier also revealed that he has been impressed by the pre-production work on Captain America. "I have seen some of the design work they're doing for Captain America and it looks amazing. It's a period piece and it looks like Raiders of the Lost Ark and with more gadgets... It's Raiders meets Rocketeer and Saving Private Ryan. It's going to be so cool."

So it sounds like Captain America is on track.
I really like this idea.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Scares Little Kids

I'm actually looking forward to the Thor movie. Branagh is a great director and really seems excited about it. Should be really cool to see Asgard on the big screen.

Captain America should be okay. They can't do any worse than the previous Captain America movie.
Closed Thread