Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-06-2011, 11:51 AM
For Vendetta

New Beetlejuice movie!

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetleju–!

Not so fast.

Everyone’s favorite “Ghost with the Most” isn’t going to appear again that easily, but fans of Tim Burton’s 1988 weird-fest will be curious to learn that a new movie is being hatched, though the details are sketchy at this point.

Warner Bros. announced to Deadline a production deal with KatzSmith — the company made up of producer/writers David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith — to make Beetlejuice 2, or Beetlejuice Begins, or whatever form the new movie takes will be crafted by them.

Reps for the pair say it’s too early to characterize the form the movie might take, or whether the original cast Michael Keaton, Geena Davis, and Alec Baldwin will be involved, but it will not be a remake.

Given Grahame-Smith’s strong relationship with Burton, it’s likely the filmmaker will be involved in Beetlejuice‘s resurrection.

Grahame-Smith and Katzenberg, son of DreamWorks Animation chief Jeffrey, have previously collaborated on the MTV series The Hard Times of RJ Berger, and Grahame-Smith brings the gothic comedy side to the partnership, having written the novels Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

His latest book, We Three Kings, is a dark take on the Christmas story of the traveling wise men.

Burton is producing the film version of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, and hired Grahame-Smith to work on the script for his Johnny Depp vampire saga Dark Shadows, currently filming in London.

As Beetlejuice himself said: “It’s showtime.”

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/katz...ack-from-dead/

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/is-th...uel-on-the-way

http://www.slashfilm.com/beetlejuice...l-development/

http://collider.com/beetlejuice-rebo...r-bros/113338/
Old 09-06-2011, 01:50 PM
From The Beyond

I just hope it is a brand new film and not a remake. I used to watch the original again and again as a kid-I ADORED the film lost count of all the times I watched it. I have low expectations.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Evil is Better

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Cranky

If it's got Burton and Keaton, fine... otherwise hell no.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 09-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
If it's got Burton and Keaton, fine... otherwise hell no.
I agree. And I love the original. I still watch it every now and then.

Filipino Vampire
- Available on Kindle, NOOK, and other reading devices.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:03 AM
Love is like dying

i love the orignal, it wont be able to compare, but as long as it is not a remake i will be interested in watching it.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:57 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
This past weekend the cast and crew of Frankenweenie took to Disneyland in California to talk about the animated pic arriving in theaters October 5.

With both Ryder and Tim Burton taking part, it was only a matter of time until some fresh Beetlejuice talk hit the Web.

While Burton is said to be part of the project (it’s unclear if he’ll direct), Seth Grahame-Smith, the screenwriter behind Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, is working on the current draft. Michael Keaton is also said be returning.

Tim Burton himself seemed more optimistic about the project, but was surprisingly hands-off about the whole thing. When asked about the project, he sounded somewhat uncomfortable and gave a non-answer. “Somebody’s writing a version, but I’m sort of…not making any preconceived ideas about it, and…not over-thinking something that I haven’t seen, so I’m just kind of keeping an open mind about it and seeing what comes.”
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/31...ejuice-sequel/
Old 09-26-2012, 02:36 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Intriguing not sure what will happen-fingers crossed
Old 12-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Child of Darkness

Beetlejuice 2

I read recently that Michael Keaton and Tim Burton have been talking about doing another Beetlejuice movie. They both say they love to do it, but right now it still in the "talking stages". So sadly, nothing's official yet.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Cupcake Pyro

Let's hope it gets a lot further than the talking stage.