Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-25-2008, 08:32 AM
For Vendetta

Twilight Zone - the new movie

March 25, 2008

Summit is planning to give a classic Twilight Zone episode the big screen treatment in the shape of Countdown, the futuristic tale of a group of astronauts stranded on a distant planet.

Based on the Twilight Zone episode "Death Ship" (written by I Am Legend scribe Richard Matheson), the film will follow the astronauts' efforts to discover where they are and why they are there, questions that become more pertinent when they stumble across a spacecraft full of corpses that resemble themselves.

Michael Brandt will make his directorial debut with the film, and he and writing partner Derek Haas (3:10 to Yuma, 2 Fast 2 Furious) are currently working on their own version of Stephen Gregg and Scott Burn's original screenplay.

"Countdown is fantastic because it wraps the themes of fate and predestination in a movie that is really a giant puzzle [that will also] be fun for the audience to piece together," Brandt explained.

The film will have a budget of around $30m, although there's no word on a start date yet.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Evil Dead

New "Twilight Zone" movie

WB and DiCaprio Eyeing Twilight Zone Movie
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
July 24, 2008

Warner Bros. and Leonardo DiCaprio's production company Appian Way are in the early stages of seeking material for a feature take on one or more episodes from the classic TV series "The Twilight Zone," according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The trade says that the studio and production company are quietly putting out word to creators that they are looking for pitches and script ideas based on the show for feature development.

The companies are not seeking to remake an episodic movie, as the only big-screen version of the show did 25 years ago, but rather hope to build one continuing story line based on one or more episodes.

Warners owns rights to the Rod Serling-penned episodes, which comprise the bulk of its 1959-64 run
Old 07-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Hellraiser

...now I'm depressed
Old 07-26-2008, 06:29 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
This sounds kind of shaky...it'll either be flat-out awesome, or totally crash and burn.

Hopefully it turns out well...the original series is classic, and the first movie was a lot of fun.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Living Dead

Probably crash and burn,just like CreepShow 3
Old 07-20-2009, 06:05 AM
For Vendetta

Warner Bros. and Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way are moving ahead on a "Twilight Zone" movie, hiring Rand Ravich to pen a script based on the iconic TV series, which melded fantasy, science-fiction and horror elements.

Studio first set up the project with the Warner-based shingle a year ago.

Ravich's feature credits include directing "The Astronaut's Wife" and exec producing "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind." He also created NBC's detective series "Life."

The original "Twilight Zone" series ran for five seasons starting in 1959 on CBS, with Rod Serling creating the skein and writing more than half of the 156 episodes.

Warners released the previous bigscreen incarnation of the property, 1983's "Twilight Zone: The Movie," with Steven Spielberg and John Landis producing and directing segments.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Evil Dead

Twilight Zone: The Movie?

Who Might Direct The Twilight Zone Movie?
Source:Variety
September 30, 2011

Sorry for the "list" story, as we believe in reporting when a final decision on a gig has been made, but this seemed rather interesting.

Variety has learned that Warner Bros. is courting a number of directors for its feature film The Twilight Zone, produced by Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way.

Christopher Nolan is at the top of the list, followed by Michael Bay, Alfonso Cuaron and Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes).

The Twilight Zone, unlike the early '80s anthology film, will be a single, feature-length tale. When a final director decision is made, we'll let you know.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:32 AM
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to Pariah.
Thumbs up

I loved the film adaption of the TZ Episode: THE BOX and I'm sure I will love this. It sounds really interesting and The Twilight Zone stands on its own as one of the best anthology series ever made so I really hope that this triggers a new, new series.

Television is getting dumb and us youngin's could handle a good dose of the Zone.
Did I solicit thee from darkness to promote me?
To dream as you but of one dream--to love, to be loved.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah. View Post
I loved the film adaption of the TZ Episode: THE BOX

I knew it! Thanks Pariah! When I saw the movie The Box I swore up and down to my wife I had seen it before...I kept telling her I thought it was a Twillight Zone episode...

Last edited by Sistinas666; 10-05-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Left out shit...
Old 10-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistinas666 View Post
I knew it! Thanks Pariah! When I saw the movie The Box I swore up and down I had seen it before...I kept telling her I thought it was a Twillight Zone episode...
i prefer the original movie box, the remake was crap.

Last edited by leezuki; 10-05-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spelling