Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-18-2012, 07:52 AM
For Vendetta

Merging with existing thread on the same topic.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:06 AM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

oops, my bad V
Old 01-01-2013, 12:16 PM
HDC Idol

Daniel Radcliffe to play "Ig" Perrish in Horns

*grumble grumble*

I finally got around to reading Joe Hill's Horns and I really really enjoyed it. Hill's writing is similar to his father's in that he writes not only horror but weaves tales that include very intricate, believable, and colorful characters (for better or for worse). I really enjoyed Horns and fell in love with its protagonist Ig... Which is why THIS image of a colorful Radcliffe with King's Richard Faire-esque Horns just makes me gag.

He looks like Twilight with poorly-done Pan horns. sigh.

Thoughts? Reactions? I actually don't have much of an issue with Radcliffe; I thought he was great in Woman in Black... But the makeup and his outfit is just killing me here.

ACESHOWBIZ article: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00055754.html

CinemaBlend.com article: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Horns...-Ig-34405.html

IMDB Page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1528071/

Director is Alexandre Aja, which I think could be good or bad... High Tension was well-directed, though the ending was awful... And Piranha was a blast. However, he also did Mirrors and P2... Guess we'll see which direction this one goes in...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

I really think this book will translate well to film.
There's a lot of inner monologue which will be hard to do and it won't be the same without it.
I think Heart Shaped Box would make a better film.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:49 PM
HDC Idol

I totally agree - I really liked Horns, but I'm not sure how it will successfully translate into film, especially since a good portion of the book is inner dialogue. Plus the story is so rich and character-driven as it goes back and forth in time - Realistically to fit that into 90 minutes, they will probably need to cut a lot of that out, and I really enjoyed the flashbacks as an interesting counterbalance to the main story line. Speaking of flashbacks, I think that they're hard to do successfully in film and considering that 1/2 of the movie is made of flashbacks, that's another difficulty to overcome.

I think that Heart-Shaped Box would make a great film - Straight-forward and a quality creepy ghost story.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:04 PM
For Vendetta

One of the more hotly anticipated movies that will make its splashy premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival is Alexandre Aja's "Horns," an adaption of the silly, surreal, scary-as-hell novel by Joe Hill (a.k.a., Stephen King's son).

Now a trio of new photos from the film has debuted (courtesy of Entertainment Weekly), featuring the Boy Who Lived Daniel Radcliffe rocking some pretty devilish nubs.

The film, premiering tonight, features Radcliffe as a young man who, a year before, was suspected of his girlfriend's vicious murder. One day he wakes up to discover horns protruding from his forehead. As his supernatural odyssey wears on, the horns become larger and more powerful, as he starts to feel the power of the devil himself.

It'll be interesting to see if Aja can handle some of the story's dreamier elements (like the flashbacks between Radcliffe and Juno Temple as the murdered girlfriend) or if he'll focus primarily on the supernatural horror and detective story elements.

The film has a strong supporting cast in James Remar, Kelli Garner, Joe Anderson, and Max Minghella, and Hill's novel was pretty unforgettable.

See all 3 photos here - http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/09/0...nto-film-fest/
Old 10-04-2013, 11:07 AM
For Vendetta

Dimension and RADiUS-TWC have picked up US rights to Alexandre Aja’s Horns in a deal struck with Red Granite and WME Global following the recent world premiere in Toronto.

The film will open theatrically in 2014.

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe stars in the supernatural thriller as a small-town man who sprouts horns after he is blamed for the murder of his girlfriend.

The cast includes Juno Temple, Max Minghella, Joe Anderson, Kelli Garner, Heather Graham, David Morse, Kathleen Quinlan and James Remar.
http://variety.com/2013/film/markets...me-1200694678/

Last edited by _____V_____; 10-04-2013 at 11:11 AM.