Old 09-06-2013, 02:31 PM
THAT guy.

'Into The End' Launched This Week

Advanced Praise for Into The End:

"Vaeni is an inspired guy. Although he is unique, I can compare him to a digital era Rod Serling. He will take you to the edge of what we know, what you think you know, and what he knows. He will pull you back before you go over, but it's a hell of a thrill taking the ride."
-- Philippe Mora, Director of Communion, Howling III, and The Beast Within

I just released my new novel, Into The End, which is about a group of high school boys who go looking for paranormal creatures in the legendary Hocomock Swamp of Massachusetts. Five boys go in but only one comes out, Corey Avon. And he remembers nothing.

When he does regain his memory, he finds his friends and unravels reality. Some things are best kept secret. Because, you know: shit happens. And a lot of it to Corey.

Read more at: http://www.jayvay.com

Now Available Wherever Books Are Sold, as they say.

Last edited by Jeremy Vaeni; 09-06-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Scares Little Kids

The bit I read on your website sounds interesting. The website looks nice too. How long did it take to write the story and develop the website?
Old 09-10-2013, 10:53 PM
THAT guy.

Thanks, PFH....

Into The End is the first book-like thing I ever wrote, back in high school. (I say book-like because, while it was great for 16, for anyone else who might want to read it, it was a mess.) It collected dust for decades. Then, I think in 2008 or 2009, a ghost writer friend who didn't have time to write a time travel book asked me to ghost write it for him.

That's right: ghost writing for a ghost writer. Crazy world.

Anyway, in my infinite laziness, I decided to dust off the old manuscript, which was about alien abduction, and rewrite it as a time travel book. The project fell through on his end, but he was kind enough to revert the rights back to me and said I could do what I wanted with it provided I change the character names.

Meanwhile, I had in mind an idea I thought was so genius I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it already. I was going to turn that into a screenplay, but again infinite laziness set in and I decided I'd use that as the premise of the new incarnation of this book. So again, I rewrote it. No longer is it an alien abduction book or a time travel book. Now it's this other thing with those elements. That wasn't as hard to achieve as it might sound because when I rewrote it as a time travel book, it was the beginning of what would have been a series. Where I ended it was just vague enough to expand upon without having to majorly rewrite anything. (It was still a pain in the ass-don't get me wrong. Just not impossible.)

So, how long did it take to write? I don't know. I just turned 40. Either 24 years or 5 years, depending on how you count.

I developed the website in a matter of days. The graphics are from the book cover. That they all came together as well as they did for a webpage is just dumb luck.

Last edited by Jeremy Vaeni; 09-10-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Tags
apocalypse, dark fantasy, horror novel, philippe mora, sci-fi