Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by _____V_____
Uzumaki

Not sure how many out there have seen this japanese flick...but I m recommending it with all I got. Its another excellent asian offering into the world of horror. Nice and original story, and the special effects are really good. Complete entertainer, excellent value for money. I m gonna purchase it soon.
Wonderful flick. I own it. Have you tried Marronnier? Good flick made by the same director, although the subtitling on the version I got was horrid.

Last edited by The Flayed One; 06-02-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Kill Bill V.2

5/10

Let's just say "Fuck you Tarantino, for your fucked up, suspense drawn piece of shit sequel to a literally astonishing, amazing piece of art, that completely thrashed the original in all aspects."

That said, the acting was good, and the bitch got her eye pulled out. Hoofuckinray.

There's one fight scene that lasts 3 minutes, then just a bunch of talk for the ENTIRE 2 AND A HALF HOURS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 06-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Watched Stealth and Batman Begins last night on OnDemand... Seen em' both, so I don't know what to say... I saw em' though.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:42 AM
..its only a movie...

Popped in my The Omen disc last night, showed it to my friend so she can complain how the original one was better for when we go to see the re-make.

As I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away .
Old 06-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Kill Bill V.2

5/10

Let's just say "Fuck you Tarantino, for your fucked up, suspense drawn piece of shit sequel to a literally astonishing, amazing piece of art, that completely thrashed the original in all aspects."

That said, the acting was good, and the bitch got her eye pulled out. Hoofuckinray.

There's one fight scene that lasts 3 minutes, then just a bunch of talk for the ENTIRE 2 AND A HALF HOURS.
Ouch! This is, however, probably a good example of how people's tastes differ. Kill Bill v. 2 is not a sequel, by the way. Both movies are one film, and are cut into seperate parts due to the runtime being HUUUGE. Saying that, the two parts are very different films. One is action, the other is drama. Or some mix of that. You have to admit that both of the films are well done - whether you prefer one or the other. I guess you just really aren't a fan of slow-paced movies. Watch one after the other - and maybe you'll enjoy them more. I liked both parts equally, but leaned more toward part 2.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kpropain
Happy Birthday To Me, One of the better early 80's slashers...
agree.....and watch a documentary about Stephen Hawking ...pretty interesting...the ultimat nerd..its called "the hawking paradox"

Last edited by slasherman; 06-02-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Ssh...did you hear that?

Send a message via Yahoo to Miss Olivia
I had to watch Dead Alive again because I didn't vote for it in the movie competition. I felt guilty.

You've got...THE BITE!!!!
SENGAYA!!!!
Let your bloodline feed my youth
------------------------------
Ssshhh....did you hear that?
Old 06-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally posted by joshaube
Ouch! This is, however, probably a good example of how people's tastes differ. Kill Bill v. 2 is not a sequel, by the way. Both movies are one film, and are cut into seperate parts due to the runtime being HUUUGE. Saying that, the two parts are very different films. One is action, the other is drama. Or some mix of that. You have to admit that both of the films are well done - whether you prefer one or the other. I guess you just really aren't a fan of slow-paced movies. Watch one after the other - and maybe you'll enjoy them more. I liked both parts equally, but leaned more toward part 2.
I don't mind slow paced, but that movie was a big let down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 06-02-2006, 06:53 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
House of Wax [2005]

Though it doesn't even come close to the fantastic original, in all honesty this wasn't an awful film. Sure, it has flaws, but it's still fairly enjoyable.

First off, I have to applaud the filmmakers for dropping Vincent Price's character. It was one of Price's best roles and it would have been a shame to see it slaughtered.

I quite enjoyed the twist that they put on the original plot, the numerous nods it made to the original were, for the most part, subtle and well-done. The twists are all really obvious and nothing is very original, but it still makes for a decent enough story.

The main downfalls of the film are the actors and the script. The cast is pure eye-candy for both sexes, including the talentless queen of eye-candy "actresses", Paris Hilton. The bad guys were sufficiently over-the-top, but really how hard could it be to play the kind of evil hillbilly that we've seen in half of the slasher movies since Texas Chainsaw? As for the script, we have a few gems like "It is wax, like... literally" and "He looks like Elton John, only gayer". Wow. I think those lines really speak for themselves as far as how well-written the script is.

All in all, this is a decent modern day slasher that really doesn't deliver anything new. It has a decent plot, good effects and some fun deaths, but ultimately the poor acting, awful writing and lack of originality really bring it down. It's worth a watch though, I enjoyed it.

6/10
Old 06-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Misanthrope

I've never checked out the original House Of Wax.
I enjoyed the remake tho..... good fun flick.