Old 04-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Evil Dead

Tales from the Darkside: The Movie (1990)

What a awesome anthology, one of the best , I have seen in recent weeks, I loved it!

The movie start with A witch who ready to Cook boy but want to read some scary stories from the book called Tales from the Darkside

Frist story Lot 249

Is about student, Bellingham who whats Revenge after being framed from two people in Class and at he finds A mummy which he bring to life to kill them

The mummy didn't look too bad at all, I did not expect the Kills to be a bloodily as they were. some really decent Kills scenes in this parts.

This segment flowed really well and The twist, I did not see coming at all, loved that twist of the story, also found it really funny.

8 out of 10 first story!

The second Story Cat from Hell

Which I think was the best out of 3

Old man in wheel chair hires a Hitman to Kill a Evil Cat.

The cats scenes were really well done, They did make the Black Cat look evil with the hissing sound and the attacks were not to bad at all, yeah, they may look a little bit dated now.

Some of effect this story were great, I love the cat come out body, gross, I am sure that be stuck in head for few days after this movie.

10/10

Lover's Vow (Weakest of the 3)

This started of really well, the creature was very strange but it didn't look scary at all but Kill scenes were really well gory and bloody again, which i really liked

Then the story got a little predictable and new twist, 10 years before it happened, I could hide it a bit more.

I liked how the twist came out, very nasty gory scenes, really well made .

7 out 10

The ending of the movie, I find that ending very cheesy, it kind of felt out of place a little

This as got to be my favorite anthology so far

I give this one 9 out of 10
Old 04-13-2013, 01:19 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Reflection of Death reminded me alot of the Lovecraft story, The Outsider.

The Punisher (1989 film)

Watched this with a mate on Blue Ray - neither of us had seen it since it came out. Enjoyed the hell out of it - its trashy as hell, with the most heinous fashions and some fine racial stereotyping but despite all the this the film is NEVER boring. Dolph played a better Castle than I remember too.

Sushi Girl (2012):

I knew nothing about this going into (which helped) but this is an interesting enough Crime/Heist gone wrong drama. It takes it cues from Tarantino (in particular R.Dogs) but it has enough original touches to be interesting in its own right. Anyway, its worth watching to see MArk Hamill chew the scenery up as a camp, lecherous version of Oswald Cobblepot.
Forget about Danny Treyo or Michael Biehn in this one - blink and you'll miss em...

Last edited by Ferox13; 04-13-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Evil Dead

Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (1995)

It's all starts of with Car chase and two people end up in the Some kind bar, when one of them is demon who after some Huge Key and other get stuck inside with person being chasing the person.

This movie was a blast, I loved, it, I wasn't really sure at the start of the movie, where this movie was going but as this movie went on, it grab me and never let me go.

There was some really great effect in this movie, I loved of Bloody gory effect in this movie, some were really gooey

There were some really scary Scene that will make you really Jump, I jumped few times in this movie.

Really well paced and I loved the way the movie ended!

The acting in this movie was really good!

9 out of 10
Old 04-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Horror Fan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Horror fan View Post
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (1995)

It's all starts of with Car chase and two people end up in the Some kind bar, when one of them is demon who after some Huge Key and other get stuck inside with person being chasing the person.

This movie was a blast, I loved, it, I wasn't really sure at the start of the movie, where this movie was going but as this movie went on, it grab me and never let me go.

There was some really great effect in this movie, I loved of Bloody gory effect in this movie, some were really gooey

There were some really scary Scene that will make you really Jump, I jumped few times in this movie.

Really well paced and I loved the way the movie ended!

The acting in this movie was really good!

9 out of 10
Glad you enjoyed it!

Old 04-14-2013, 03:17 AM
Evil Dead

The Last Exorcism Part II (2013)

I did not like the first one at all, I thought one of most boring movies I Have seen, Did not once get scared or creeped out at all, I thought it was The Worst Exorcism movie but then we suffered for even worse with Devil Inside 2 years later!

Least this Last Exorcism 1 had some scarce scenes at least and tense moment in (Which Didn't work for me as saw them coming) and there in that movie unlike Devil inside and this sequel to the first movie

Nell is trying to put her life back together and she has blocked out all things that happens to her in the first movie but soon they what her back again.

This was really bland from start to end, there was not one moment that actually felt anything scary was going to happen any where in the movie,

The only good think I can say about this movie is that, last 10 minutes of the movie was so-what watch able and something was finally hap ping in the movie and again it wasn't that scary at all and most of that scene see the trailer .

I didn't mind the movie ended but story didn't really end!

Yet another movie that show 95% of movie in trailer, Just watch the trailer skip this movie

One other good think I can say about this movie is that the acting was really good from the cast but shame about the rest of the bland movie.

3 out of 10
Old 04-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Hellraiser

I've watched Army of Darkness 3 times this week! Bruce Campbell is awesome. After watching the Evil Dead remake I was compelled to watch some Bruce!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:43 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Olympus Has Fallen

Best action movie I've seen this year. Highly recommended.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:28 AM
Little Boo

28 weeks later. I had never seen it and really liked it! For a sequel, it's friggin' good... I hope they make a third one now.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Evil Dead

Today I saw two anthology movies and both of those movies were called Camp Fire Tales lols

Campfire Tales (1991)

This is very LOW movie, the movie did look cheap, I don't let that get in the way,
As this turn out to be really decent after all,

3 boys about 12-14 years old go camping and then Bum or Home less man Join in and then he tell them 3 Stories

The first story is about Young couple who making out the woods hear on the radio that o that a murderer with a hook on his right hand has escaped from the local insane asylum , So boy takes to her Home.

This story wasn't to bad but It didn't feel creepy at all but there decent a mount of blood in this story, Which made it more watch able.
4/10

Next story was about two stoners who are looking for some drug and run into this strange guy who's selling these drugs.

They take but next day, they notice them are rotting away slowly before try to get more before they rot away.

The effect was not bad, very decent for low budget movie,
5/10

3rd story is about Man who come home for Christmas soon, he want is mother money so he kills her by pushing her down stairs so he leaves and goes to brother house to watch his kids

One kids tell story evil Santa Claus known as "Satan Claus look who comes and punishes those who do evil things.

When kids go to bed and then he stalked by someone, until come face to face with Satan Claus

This story sound really good, they could I have done a lot more then that, Satan Claus was not that scary at all

The acting was not that good in that story and it wasn't really that bloodly at all.
3/10

The Fourth and Finally story was pirate, who been shipwrecked and another Man warn the pirate about Zombie pirate if find the buried treasure but I as didn't care for what man said , he digs anyone and finds it.

Soon Zombie pirate are out to get him and they don't look bad at all, they some make up effect looked really decent and some looks a bit odd but I don't think there scary at all.

Then boys goes sleep and there is a little small twist, which anyone could see coming.

None of the stories were that scary or creepy at all they just watch able

I give this movie 4 out of 10

Now the second movie which Was Also called

Campfire Tales (1997)

This movie also starts in Black and white and also start with The Hook Man yet again!

A Young couple who making out the woods and this time Girl thinks she see something out side and then she fews time and tell her boyfriends to take her home, He didn't believe her but then he stop at Diner and then he looks back at car and he see there was a Hook on the car Door.

This story was being told by some teens in a car and the boy who drive-ring the Car and then start messing around by going too fast and then trying to Avoid another Car and end up crashing into the bushes.

As they get out of the car they go to this old Church that had been torn down and tell 4 stories

The first story is about a married couple in a RV who end up getting in Stuck in the wood and soon just start to have Sex but soon catch a guy looking at them and that guy warns then about a creatures in the woods.

As they go off but then the RV runs out of gas cause there was leak and soon

Attack are seen but its very dark that you can't see creatures that well at all, I wish they showed more of creatures.

I did not find this story creepy or scary at all, I did like the last scenes was really well done

I give this story 4 out of 10

Next Story is about young Girl who was Chat online, not knowing that she was talking to a Psycho, who starts to stalk her, while she is home alone and breaks in to her home.

This is one was really good and it some really good creepy moment in this movie, it kind hint of the old slasher movie feel to, very well made.

The last 2 minutes of this story was really good and the Psycho looks really scary
8 out of 10

I called the next story The Ghost story.

A man is riding is motorbike and then soon stop near to House, when it's rains and he enter the house, then he falls in love with girl, soon strange things start happen in the house.

He finds out the place is haunted and there another twist in the story!

I thought the last story was very boring and very predicable , I thought it was the worst of the a lot.

After that story was told, one of teens See Police flashing lights, which lead to a twist in the movie.

i Loved that ending cause I didn't see it coming at all.

Really good movie

7 out of 10 That took ages to write lol

Last edited by The Horror fan; 04-16-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Iron Man: Rise of the Technovore (2013)

An Iron Man flick with J-anime makeover! But loved that Punisher entry...
Iron man: "let me handle this, castle."
Punisher: "why donch you get the hell of the way, iron man? This is nothing to do with the rich idiot who dresses like hot rod.":D

Overall, it was bit too long. Not one of the best of DC & Marvel's recent animated films.

>>: B

I Didn't Come Here to Die (2010)

Not as good as Tucker & Dale but as an indie horror film it was a decent 'Woods of Freak Accidents' flick.

Infected (2013)

Not too bad as I expected but not good either.

>>: C

A Night in the Woods (2011)

Just another very average found footage flick set in a woods but with better & tolerable characters. Considering the budget & camera works, it was decently made.

>>: B-

Bad Kids Go to Hell (2012)

Found this Deadly Detention flick kinda boring. It was bit talkative & the frustrating thing was didn't get that mystery clearly about what those bad kids actually did so bad that make them dying one by one!?

>>: C

Welcome to the Punch (2013)

A decent crime-action film from UK. Simple, easy to follow story & the cast was good.

Identity Thief (2013)

Mostly the main 2 leads made this is a fairly time passing comedy.

Expiration (2011)

An okay South African survival horror about experiments goes horribly wrong with a Dead-ly outcome and a little twist at the end!

Last edited by roshiq; 04-16-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Tags
movie