Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-22-2010, 05:44 AM
Banned

The Crazies----I thought they did a pretty good job with this one. also a fan of Timothy Olyphant

Hot Tub Time Machine---not as funny as I thought it was gonna be...still a good watch though
Old 06-22-2010, 06:56 AM
Undead

In theaters for a horror movie would be Halloween Resurrection and I think ever Saw 4 or 5. I had a ticket to go see Paranormal Activity, but unfortunately there were some family problems.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Evil Dead

The Crazies (2010): Pretty good. Not as gory as I was expecting from the posters and trailer, but well worth watching. I liked that it was constant, brooding intensity from the get go.

Unthinkable: Quite good. Of course the subject matter might be a bit much for some people, but it was fairly well done overall. If you can, watch the extended version. It's ending makes for a far more hard-hitting movie.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:52 PM
She's under the stairs

A few recent ones.

Dr Horribles sing along blog

This was pretty funny, I'm glad it was only short though because it would have been very irritating had it been feature length.

Comentary the musical sucked big time though, (that was a bonus on the dvd).

7/10

He died with a fellafel in his hand

I have lived in a lot of share houses, probably around 70 so far, I generaly watch this in each one if I get the chance. It reminds me how you can always move on if the place you are living in turns to shit. So see it if you haven't, or read the book. Funny stuff.

9/10

Cassandra

This is a bit of an Aussie Gialo from the late 80's, It starts of great with a really creepy scene, but then tails of a lot not keeping up the pace. Worth a watch, but don't expect to much.

5.5/10

Dead or Alive

I thought this was good, not as great as I had heard, I was left feeling a bit lost at the end of it though, it left me rather empty.

6.5/10

Dead or Alive 2

I didn't really get into this at all, it drags for a long time then it seems to pick up but with no real story line. I lost interest in it pretty quick. But I have Dead or Alive Final still to watch which I am meant to return tonight, I don't really feel like watching it after seeing this one. Hopefully it will be better than the first 2.

4/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 06-23-2010, 01:07 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Maniac Cop (1988)

One of my very favorite 80's horror-action flicks, I saw it 3 or 4 times before but that's been like ages ago. I remember my brother brought a VHS copy of it home one day and told me "hey, I think this is a new film of that Evil Dead guy!"...[:D]

>>: B+
Old 06-23-2010, 04:09 AM
Bad Natured

Dead Snow (2009). This was a fine example of how to take movie homages from classic B-movie flicks and from them make a fun and top-notch horror flick. The story was simple enough, with all the regular suspects for a horror flick. But somehow the clichés add to how the story unfolds. Yes, our players do stupid things, but stupidity is just more fun in Norway. At times a rather mean movie, the comedy spans from cheap to very dark. The gore should keep the blood and gut fans entertained, in fact this one was entertaining in all regards. While not getting bogged down in a gratuitous ballet of special effects, it was by no means a low budget affair. Directed with competence, the timing was impeccable. And while cheap scare tactics are used to get this one rolling, they are more of a catalyst for greater things to come. A bloody good time indeed. Ein! Zwei! Die!
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Midnight Toker

Send a message via MSN to iSeymore
Predator ('87) - Great movie. "GET TO THA CHOPPA!"
Old 06-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Evil Dead

Splice: Quite a good movie. Great casting and some very well done sfx.

I just really, really wish that filmmakers would understand that they don't need to have a cornball, cheesy scene 2/3 of the way through a movie just to make the end 1/3 seem that much more intense. Film/write it properly and you don't have to take the intensity down just to build it up again. Just go balls out and never let up.

But I would still highly recommend Splice.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Foxhole Atheist

Prom Night 2008

It wasnt completely awful, just a little pointless

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 06-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Evil Dead

"Jonah Hex" (2010)
-Josh Brolin

First let me say I'm a huge fan of "Jonah Hex" The comic book, I've followed the character since he first hit comic stands in the early '70's and when I first heard about this film I thought "great, I hope they do it right"
Well now Ive seen it it all all I can say is...it's okay. Not the worst movie of all time, but given the source material it should have been great.
Josh Brolin is perfect in the part, but the film makers were so intent on making a "Comic Book Movie"they forgot that Hex is first and foremost a western.
All the sci-fi and supernatural aspects of the film were totally unnecessary, Had they stuck with a basic revenge story it would have been a much better movie.