Old 04-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Banned

Baby Driver 7/10

Pretty good flick with some really good action scenes.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:53 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I saw Sausage Party and I give it a 9/10. I know a lot of people hate that movie but I couldn't help but love it. As an atheist I really appreciated this movie's less-than-subtle message about all religions being BS and as somebody who despises all of these recent (and mediocre) kid-friendly CGI movies by Pixar and Dreamworks I was glad to finally see a CGI movie that would make parents feel ashamed to ever let their children watch it. I also thought the way that this movie mocked different stereotypes with different food products was comedic genius.

So yeah, I love this movie and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
As an atheist I really appreciated this movie's less-than-subtle message about all religions being BS
What gave you that idea? All I got from it that would come close to religion or anti-religion would be when they are eaten or used (in douches case) is they die. How does that mock religion in the least bit? Religious or non-religious , it doesn't change the fact that everything dies. I too am an atheist and your claim makes no sense to me.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:58 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
What gave you that idea? All I got from it that would come close to religion or anti-religion would be when they are eaten or used (in douches case) is they die. How does that mock religion in the least bit? Religious or non-religious , it doesn't change the fact that everything dies. I too am an atheist and your claim makes no sense to me.
Um... Because all of their beliefs about the "Gods" (shoppers) were basically wrong and they all ended up dying in the "great beyond"? Also because none of the food items could agree on anything or get along because of their religious differences? They even mocked how the Nazis tried to commit genocide on the Jews (the "saurekraut" singing about exterminating the "juice").

I think it's pretty blatantly obvious that this movie was mocking religion and expressing how it thinks that most of the world's problems come from people refusing to abandon their religious beliefs or accepting each other's differences.

But I really don't feel like arguing about religion so I'm just going to leave my point at that.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:44 PM
Banned

Let Me Make You A Martyr - 2/10

Has anyone ever seen a movie that looks like someone slapped a bunch of shit together knowing it makes little to no sense and hope people will like it solely because it doesn't make sense? Put Marilyn Manson in a supporting role and have him on the dvd cover and list him as the star and you have this piece of shit. I only give it a 2 because I liked the dark gritty cinematography, otherrwise fuck this heap.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:00 PM
病気の

The Ferryman, 2018

Thumb resize.

M.F.A., 2017.

Thumb resize.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:52 AM
Evil Dead

Last edited by Amalthea_unicorn; 04-29-2018 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:24 PM
Banned

Avengers: Infinity War - 8/10

Great movie! Thanos is a BAMFer!
Old 04-29-2018, 04:43 PM
This is a test

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 1990

Not bad. Liked the original better but Tony Todd was awesome.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:32 PM
ventricle

Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)
6/10

The dangerous evil of Freddy Kruger begins to make his way out into the lives of those who worked on the horror films that had once contained him.

Maybe one had to see this film in 1994 to appreciate it... I found the film extremely predictable, and very old hat, especially the ending... of which I will say, without any spoilers: the protagonists go where you know they will go, it will look exactly like you'll expect, Freddy will do what you expect and have seen many times before, and it will end exactly the way you think it will end.

I didn't think it was scary, as it's hard to take Freddy seriously at this point -- or at that point in 1994. And the film was never funny, which I found a bit ironic; but it was sometimes suspenseful. I liked the concept of the film -- and we hear this concept espoused word for word by the writer/director in a "cameo" appearance, 'An evil force, in the form of Freddy, was contained and controlled in the films about this monster, but now that no one is afraid, Freddy is breaking out.' Unfortunately, this concept did not go in any unexpected directions.

Last edited by Sculpt; 04-30-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Tags
movie