Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
I noticed this is kind of a trend lately, stating conversation integrity as the reason. For instance, I built screambox.com and used Muut for discussions. Here's their manifesto on conversation permanence: https://muut.com/manifesto/#permanent

The last website I built (for a much bigger client) doesn't allow editing comments at all.
I've never once had a problem with someone editing posts on other forums that I'm a member of, and I don't see why there would be any problems here.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:18 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I've never once had a problem with someone editing posts on other forums that I'm a member of, and I don't see why there would be any problems here.
Well, there isn't any problems at the moment and there haven't been of in quite some time now, as far as I know. But I'm sure the rule made sense back when the mods came up with it.

I'm never around when shit hits the fan or I never notice it, which PISSES ME OFF!!

Last edited by Angra; 01-08-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:22 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Well, there isn't any problems at the moment and there haven't been of in quite some time now, as far as I know. But I'm sure the rule made sense back when the mods came up with it.

I'm never around when shit hits the fan or I never notice it, which PISSES ME OFF!!
It's mostly because probably 95% of the active members are people who have been here for years.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:34 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
It's mostly because probably 95% of the active members are people who have been here for years.
Nah, not anymore. I would say it's about 50/50.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Evil Dead

You're a legend here Angra, surely your stroke can put some wheels in motion?
Old 01-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I think it's more of a philosophical thing than a way to mitigate problems. In real life, when you say something, and someone responds, you don't get to go back and change what you first said, so I think the trend now is to try to maintain the same type of integrity.

I'm not saying I totally buy into it. I understand the reasoning, but obviously there are tradeoffs.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:28 PM
No, fuck YOU

The mods are not blind. They see this thread and might talk it over.

I've already stated my opinion of the matter in this thread. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:49 AM
fanged menace

i`d like to be able to edit posts and from the time ive been here i think most of us are responsible enough and grown up enough to be able to respect the forum.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:54 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyd1977 View Post
i`d like to be able to edit posts and from the time ive been here i think most of us are responsible enough and grown up enough to be able to respect the forum.
I agree.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:55 AM
For Vendetta

This was demanded by members themselves a while back. Some posters used to edit their original posts after a few replies were posted, remove stuff and information which made subsequent posters look like fools.

I received plenty of PMs requesting for the time limit, most of them demanding a 5-minute limit, and some demanding the ability to edit posts be removed completely. But, in the interest of fairness and for those members who wished to add additional information to their posts within a certain period of posting it, I extended the time to 30 minutes.

#4 in the list of Changes: http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63919

Some of the guilty posters are still active and around. Sorry, but the rule stays for now.

The best solution I can offer is this - send the content you wish to add to your original post as a PM to me, and I will edit your original post and add your content to it, as requested by you.

Last edited by _____V_____; 01-09-2015 at 06:56 AM.
Closed Thread