Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Your funeral... my trial

Quote:
Originally posted by novakru
Charlie..the movie with Cliff Robertson?or the new version I haven't seen?
Based on that book Flowers for Algernon?
Nope, different Charlie. It's about the life and crimes of Sixties-era British gangster Charlie Richardson. Sort of like Scarface, in a way.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Waste Disposer

Quote:
Originally posted by noctuary
Nope, different Charlie. It's about the life and crimes of Sixties-era British gangster Charlie Richardson. Sort of like Scarface, in a way.
ah-thx noc.

I was going to put the movie Prozac Nation,but it was BROKEN in 2 when I recieved it from netflix.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Your funeral... my trial

Blah. That happened to me when I tried to rent Bio-Zombie. I sent it back for a replacement, and they sent me the same broken disc. Lame!

Anyway, if it makes you feel any better, Prozac Nation wasn't that good, in my opinion. The book is though, if you can handle the constant exhibitionism.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:02 AM
Hellraiser

The Ring 1. When I first saw it, I got really freaked out when the girl came out of the TV. Now, I can watch it alone.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:45 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally posted by christy
The Ring 1. When I first saw it, I got really freaked out when the girl came out of the TV. Now, I can watch it alone.

Your parents must be very proud. ;)
Old 09-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Tonight's the nght.

Bad santa.....
Old 09-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Banned

The new version of "Assault on Precinct 13"
Now, I can't rate it compared to the original Carpenter film...which I still intend to see, I can only assume it wasn't quite as good.
However, I thought this one was quite ok...clearly it copped a lot of shit on account of being a remake of sorts, but yeah, I had no huge problem with it.
The violence was pretty graphic in parts, in fact, I was wondering how they managed to keep an MA15+ rating on it here, there were some really bloody scenes (the icicle, the knife under the chin...etc) I thought the first scene was great, very chaotic and cool...The characters...eh, who cares...nothing special in an action film, although I do hate that stupid looking Ja Rule fucker...as predicted, his acting wasn't much better than his music. There were some great action sequences, some good music, and the camerawork worked well for the intensity of certain scenes.
All in all, It was ok...I watched it, but I wouldnt run out and buy it or anything.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

the pink panther
Old 09-26-2005, 04:46 PM
nobudgetluver

I was just such a huge fan of Carpenters Assault, and the remake was just so different, so I didn't really compare them, i was a little bit dissapointed, but the remake was a decent movie. I saw the preview for dead and breakfast, can't really find a showing anywhere. Anyone else know if its any good?
Old 09-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Evil Dead

Babe (1995) 10 / 10
The Cup 10 / 10
The Faculty 8 / 10

Last edited by Amalthea; 09-27-2005 at 12:18 AM.